Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2017 8:08:27 PM EDT
I am a left handed shooter which side of the forearm should I mount the Magpul Paraclip sling mount.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 8:17:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Ejection port side (right hand side, regular ar) if you shoot lefty. That will have the muzzle hang to your right hand side. Assuming you have the sling coming over the top of your left shoulder and attaching to the rear somewhere. But try some things out.  Basically the lefty version of thisAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:31:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info now just have to find a sling that feels right and can convert from two point to one.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 11:24:30 PM EDT
[#3]
For two to single point, make sure you have the sling connected right up near the receiver with a QD plate or receiver extension adapter, it just doesn't work using it as a single point on a rear stock mount. The muzzle will be dragging on the ground basically and the hand grip will probably smack you in the giblets.

Lots of opinions on slings, but the magpul MS3 Single QD Sling GEN2with the paraclip front, and QD rear if you have a qd spot next to the receiver is a good start. Or a BFG vickers with the magpul paraclip and MS1® MS3® QD Adapter paraclip web adapter. I have both of those and like them, but lots of opinions out there, VTAC, SOB Tactical, etc.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:50:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the Magpul ASAP I probably will go with the Magpul slings they are just a little pricey for me but will go with them instead of continued experimentation. Thanks for the info.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top