Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2017 6:23:23 PM EDT
I started off with the standard A2 grip, as did most everyone else I imagine.

Then I found the UCWRG Umbrella grip.  This grip solved two problems but created a new one.

The angle was straighter and the interphalangeal joint of my middle finger no longer got rubbed raw in the gap between the trigger guard and the grip.

The issue it introduced is that the web of my hand was now further back.  This made it tougher to reach the bolt catch/release.

The Umbrella grip puts my interphalangeal knuckle inline with the trigger area, whereas before, with the A2 grip, I was close to the metacarpalphalangeal joint.

What out there has a similar angle to the Umbrella grip but keeps the web of the hand close?  The 'fat' of the Umbrella grip is nice to have as well.

Link Posted: 3/9/2017 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I think youre gping to have to try a few and see what works for you. The sharp angle of an a2 and lack of a backstrap moves you're finger forward quite a bit. I'd start with a magpul moe and k2.

I like the executive ordance grips. Similar in angle to a a2 but meaty (expensive) I think the magpul moe with or without a backstrap is going to be what you're looking for.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:21:31 AM EDT
[#2]
OP, I know exactly the grip you are looking for. Magpul K-grip. It has the angle of the K2 (which is almost identical to the UC23 grip you mentioned), but the girth (front to back as well as even thinner side to side)  of an A2 (no beavertail). It's a tad shorter than an A2, but shouldn't be a problem.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:32:54 AM EDT
[#3]
K2+ for the win.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:11:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
K2+ for the win.
View Quote
Yep. At first, I was unsure if I would like it but after trying one, the K2+ is standard equipment on any AR I'm going to have.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:20:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
K2+ for the win.
View Quote

I agree (it's the only grip I use anymore), but the OP is looking for a short depth (front to back) grip. The K2 is the same profile as the UC23 he currently has (and wants shorter, front to back). That's why I suggested the K grip. The K is the same angle as the K2/UC23 but has the font/back depth of an A2.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 4:34:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Magpul K or K2 grip
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:13:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I tried a K2.  Didn't like it at all.  BCM gunfighter is pretty nice.  Then I saw the light when it came to grips.  The Ergo Tactical Deluxe is by far my favorite grip I've tried.  It's expensive but I have one on every rifle I own.  It also has a more vertical angle like the K2 and BCM.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:33:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Love the old Colt A2 grip.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#9]
A2 makes me chickenwing too much.

BCM Gunfighter grip Mod0.
Nice, slim, really close to vertical but the backstrap is still nice and tight into the receiver, giving you easy thumb purchase on the selector, and its easy to drop your elbow in tight.

I bounced around between various Magpuls, A2, Ergo, you name it before I found the BCM. Will never buy another grip as long as BCM is in business.

Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:05:56 PM EDT
[#10]
The little door on the Gunfighter sold me.

Grip inbound
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 4:40:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I have settled on the BCM mod 3 for all my rifles.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:08:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I really love the TangoDown Battlegrip on my carbines but prefer the fatter MagPul MIAD on rifles.  

Doesn't make much sense at first blush buy carbines i shoot offhand and want to control and run the gun while most od the times i shoot rifles from a rest and shoot slower amd more deliberate.  So i want a grip thst fills the hand comfortably and sm less inclined to give them a heavy grip.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 11:40:20 PM EDT
[#13]
there is no no standard best grip.IMO

I like the a1 for feel but the MOE+ is the one I use the most.I like the texture

for scoped rifles that are heavier I prefer the bigger Houge grips.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 12:16:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Teammate runs all Ergos religiously, and for me it's all Tangodown. Bg16s on carbines and pistols, with the bg17s on the grendels
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 11:08:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
there is no no standard best grip.IMO

I like the a1 for feel but the MOE+ is the one I use the most.I like the texture

for scoped rifles that are heavier I prefer the bigger Houge grips.
View Quote
I like the A1 as well.  With an ergo gapper.  But I want battery storage and I might be trying an MOE and an ergo, if my friend ever gets around to digging them out of his basement (he said he'll trade me for a few things I have).  I run my stock pretty far out, so chicken winging isn't a problem for me when my elbows are plenty tucked in.   And I did NOT like the K2.  Too vertical for me.  

I think a MIAD might be a good idea because it allows you to try the deeper backstrap, or not.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 1:05:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I got a CAA pistol grip that comes with 6 front and back strap options to fit your hand. While my Radical came with Ergo grips, which I like for the grippyness (real word??) I do like the customizability of the CAA grip. Besides, it shipped directly from Israel so that adds that foreign element to it.
Actual description: CAA Tactical Green UPG & Black 6 Piece Interchangeable Pistol Grip Finger Grooves

http://www.israeldefensestore.com/16

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 5:19:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yep. At first, I was unsure if I would like it but after trying one, the K2+ is standard equipment on any AR I'm going to have.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
K2+ for the win.
Same here. Once I got one.. I wanted a second one.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:17:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I like the Magpul SL. Only thing that I don't like is that there's no storage plug for it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 11:01:31 PM EDT
[#19]
The BCM is amazing for the money. It's the only grip I buy now.

The K2 feels okay, but honestly it sort of ruins the aesthetics of a rifle.

The BCM Feels and looks great.

The storage is nice too. I can fit a front sight tool, a 5.56 round for other adjustments, a battery and a lense wipe. The lense wipe makes it so none of it rattles around.

Also the door does have an O-Ring.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I like the Magpul SL. Only thing that I don't like is that there's no storage plug for it.
View Quote
K2 and SL are my two favorites.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 2:40:01 AM EDT
[#21]
I have tried a number of the grips mention and I really do like the Larue style, similar to the Ergo, but I feel I can reach the mag release easier.

I have started to change out the grips to LTs on the rest of my rifles.

Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:59:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have tried a number of the grips mention and I really do like the Larue style, similar to the Ergo, but I feel I can reach the mag release easier.

View Quote
This. Love my Larue Apeg.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:00:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
This. Love my Larue A-Peg.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:19:40 AM EDT
[#24]
I have tried a bunch, Moe, K, K2 +, A2.  They all place my fingers too close to the trigger.  I just ordered a BCM mod2 to see if that gets it far enough away where I get my trigger finger just right.  For the record I do have freakishly long fingers.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 9:22:29 PM EDT
[#25]
I just ordered from Executive Ordnance last night and got shipping confirmation this morning. Love the look but was gun shy on account of the price. I'm slowly amassing a collection of grips in search of one that'll fit my hand comfortably. They look incredible, now if they feel half as good it'll be a winner.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 10:00:17 PM EDT
[#26]
The Magpul MIAD solved my search.  It has different thickness backstraps and separate front straps with and without finger grooves.  And,  as a plus, the storage compartment with various internal kits for different uses.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 10:10:23 PM EDT
[#27]
A grip is a pretty personal preference. I've met folks that like the A2, I've met folks that like ergo, I know people that swear by K2+, for me, its the Hogue 15020. Every rifle wears one. And I keep a few tucked away in case they ever decide to do away with them.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:07:49 AM EDT
[#28]
All of my rifles have the Ergo Suregrip. My LMT came with one and it just felt right. Before that I was using the Moe and that's a pretty good grip as well, especially the rubber over molded one. 
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:21:51 PM EDT
[#29]
I was firmly on the BCM bandwagon, and still like it. But my last two rifles got the Hogue overmold without the finger grooves. It is pretty much a rubberized A1, and I really like it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:24:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Ergo Suregrip.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Teammate runs all Ergos religiously, and for me it's all Tangodown. Bg16s on carbines and pistols, with the bg17s on the grendels
View Quote
Going to have to take this back. Recently picked up the Tactical Link PDW grip to try out, it is DEFINITELY my go-to grip for anything 10.5" and shorter now. The Tangodown grips will stay put on the longer rifles
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:16:14 PM EDT
[#32]
I like the a1 or Moe+ for carbines.

& the Houge for heavier scoped rifles.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:04:48 PM EDT
[#33]
I went from the Umbrella -> BCM Mod 1
It feels quite similar to my HK 416 V1 grip but has the added bonus of a compartment and better texture.

I can't use the little trigger guard gap filler on any of my lowers though.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 1:19:41 AM EDT
[#34]
1. BCM trigger guard NOT Magpul to cure all finger rub.
2. BCM grip Mod 3 for bigger hands.
3. For a vertical A1 type grip for smaller hands, get the Griffin Armament A3 grip.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:43:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Bcm mod 1 is my grip of choice
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#36]
The A1 is the only one I prefer being so used to it. I shoot the way I do and not worried about the latest fad as It has been effective in getting my rounds to the target. I'm too old to go MOUT fighting and I shoot for fun now instead of shooting for duty use.

I can respect the new techniques, though. And new equipment as long as it works for you.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top