Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2017 9:50:55 PM EDT
I am looking for a covert AR-15 take down rifle case similar to the now discontinued Blackhawk Diversion tennis racquet case.  Since AR15.com doesn't have a working search feature to scan for recent posts, I apologize in advance if this topic has been recently covered.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you even google, bro?

If you'll Google search and tag on site:ar15.com at the end, you'll get more threads about this than you want to read
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:26:16 PM EDT
[#2]
No, I don't "google bro" very well....I kind of expected AR15.com to work the way all of the other firearms web sites operate....they have their own search feature for threads by topic...but thanks for the advice anyway.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:32:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Baseball bag works without taking a 16" carbine apart with the collapsing stock all the way in.

Tennis Bag should work well for the carbine taken apart.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:50:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I had a tennis bag in mind...the Blackhawk case had a divider and was used with the AR carried broke down upper/lower.  Seemed like a great idea but they don't make them anymore.  Whatever I get I would like it to be kept in place with either straps or closed cell foam so things don't slide around.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:54:59 AM EDT
[#5]
First one that pooped up on Google searching "ar15 discreet backpack". There's others if you search.

http://www.elitesurvival.com/concealment-bags-packs/stealth-covert-operations-rifle-backpack/
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:56:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:35:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Covert AR Bags

Look at this link on Calguns
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:23:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks very much for the links...some very good options I hadn't yet looked at...really appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:42:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Midwayusa has a model I've liked. It looks like a musical instrument case or advertising pop up unit case (in fact, I have used it for that when we couldn't find the case the night before we took down a display). It's decently made, better than most Blackhawk and Condor stuff I've seen. I've got a couple and at this point I've used them more for non firearm related tasks than firearm stuff.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/593232/midwayusa-heavy-duty-discreet-tactical-rifle-case

They're on sale at the moment too. I've gotten the grey every time and like it. Not shiny, not totally dull, not too dark, not too light. Just right. lol
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Tennis bag is a great idea, maybe the best if it's got some logo emblazoned across the side.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 12:59:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for all of the info but I finally found what I was looking for from Botach....they still sell a tennis racket type bag for take down AR's.  It doesn't seem as sturdy as the discontinued Blackhawk cases but on the upside they don't look at all like a gun case or a backpack, which is what I was going for.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:10:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am looking for a covert AR-15 take down rifle case similar to the now discontinued Blackhawk Diversion tennis racquet case.  Since AR15.com doesn't have a working search feature to scan for recent posts, I apologize in advance if this topic has been recently covered.
View Quote

go to the ARFCOM shop thet have a nice one

here
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:35:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah I had a tennis bag in mind...the Blackhawk case had a divider and was used with the AR carried broke down upper/lower.  Seemed like a great idea but they don't make them anymore.  Whatever I get I would like it to be kept in place with either straps or closed cell foam so things don't slide around.
View Quote

DOA Armory in Va. Beach has two in stock. If you get one, advise I sent you in. They are online as well, just call them.

The 5.11 shorty m4 bag is ok as well. I would also try a Play it Again Sports if near you, they usually have a collection of baseball, tennis, etc used bags in there.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:43:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top