Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2017 12:09:27 AM EDT
So, I know that Pelican is THE case...I just don't know that I can afford one.  Here's what I'm looking for (on a budget...sorry )

1. A middle of the road soft case...would like to stay at $50 or less, if possible.  Just something for my CQBs when I throw them in the car for the range.  If it had backpack straps, that would be sweet!
2. A hard case that would hold 1-10.5" SBR & 1-11.5" SBR & some mags (if there was room for my Glock, that would be sweet).  Wanting to do foam (not custom)...don't have $250 to spend on this right now...is there anything I can find in the $100-$150 range?
3. Backpacking soft case...something I could load my SBR up in and carry backpack style with spots for a few mags and such.

Any good places to start?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:17:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Patriot Cases has a wide variety of hard cases in different price ranges.
Quality stuff and Brack Wilson is a good guy to deal with.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I just ordered one of in these in Multicam.

www.condoroutdoor.com/Condor-151.aspx

The Multicam is way over budget but I think the "normal" colors are only $80. Two rifles, a bunch of accessories and the shoulder straps you want.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:13:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Sweet, thanks guys!  Perfect start...that 36" uncut insert case might be the one...and I like that condor.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 9:23:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I got my Condor case yesterday.  It seems pretty nice so far, but I haven't gotten to do much with it besides take the backpack straps and molle pouches off.  I was trying to buy another Eagle Industries CAR15 case This Guy Here but nobody sells them anymore.  I'd say the Condor appears to be about 95% of the quality of the Eagle, which I'm sure will be plenty to just ride back and forth to the range in the back of my Suburban.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Depends on how you plan to transport them.
Big hard cases can be tough to fit in small cars. OTOH I'll throw a hard case in the back of my pick-up but not a soft case.
I've been going with Midway lately for soft cases. I think they're a good value. Most of the features of my tactical tailor case at much lower cost.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 2:13:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got my Condor case yesterday.  It seems pretty nice so far, but I haven't gotten to do much with it besides take the backpack straps and molle pouches off.  I was trying to buy another Eagle Industries CAR15 case This Guy Here but nobody sells them anymore.  I'd say the Condor appears to be about 95% of the quality of the Eagle, which I'm sure will be plenty to just ride back and forth to the range in the back of my Suburban.
View Quote

Good to know!
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 2:14:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Depends on how you plan to transport them.
Big hard cases can be tough to fit in small cars. OTOH I'll throw a hard case in the back of my pick-up but not a soft case.
I've been going with Midway lately for soft cases. I think they're a good value. Most of the features of my tactical tailor case at much lower cost.
View Quote

Got a link to any specific Midway soft cases you have experience with???
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#8]
The Plano all weather gunguard is a great hard case for the money and it is TSA approved.

Plano hard case

You can find reviews on this case on YouTube as well.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 7:25:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Midway USA Cases
I've got the Heavy Duty Tactical Rifle Case and the Heavy Duty Double Rifle Tactical Case.
I had a Tactical Tailor Discrete Single Rifle case, that I normally use, but sometimes, I need to take more than one rifle to the range, so I picked up the Midway Double rifle case.
I like the arrangement of the outisde pockets better on the Midway case. The one on the TT case is roomy and will hold a lot of stuff, but I don't need that so much on a rifle case.

I've got a couple of different AR style cases and I think Midway's is the best of the three I have. It has velcro loops to hold the rifle in place, which is a nice feature.

Quoted:
The Plano all weather gunguard is a great hard case for the money and it is TSA approved.
Plano hard case

They sometimes go on sale at Amazon, I want to say they were 50 dollars in December, but I don't remember exactly.
I got mine when WalMart had them for black Friday several years ago.

Plano aren't the best, but they're my favorite when it comes to cheap hard cases.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 1:02:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Cheaper than dirt -
Find the Tactical Allen 38 inch case -
$35.00 and a steal.
Fits my M&P great.
Three Mag Pockets, Front and Rear Accessory Pockets, Internal Securing Strap, Barrel Pocket, Strap.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top