Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2017 10:36:24 AM EDT
Trying to find a keymod handstop for my 8.5" pistol that won't break the bank.
Not really interested in a fancy $40 one, or a giant angled-grip monstrosoty.

Just a small, polymer handstop.  Seems to be pretty slim pickings.

What do you all recommend?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:49:07 AM EDT
[#1]
B5 Systems Gripstop
/thread
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 12:26:08 PM EDT
[#2]
BCM KAG
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#3]
The B5 is about right, but more than I want to spend.  You can get a stripped lower for that much

The BCM is ugly and too large.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 6:44:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I personally like the Midwest Industries handstop because of how it integrates into the rest of their panel kit. I've been using it for about two years, but I have it set up as a forward handstop (at the front end of the handgaurd) with a Tango Down stubby vertical grip as my rear handstop.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 6:49:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 7:00:32 PM EDT
[#6]
KAC handstop.
I just so happen to have one for sale on the EE so I may be a bit biased.

I prefer them over any other hand stop but unfortunately they don't make a MLOK version yet.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 7:14:02 PM EDT
[#7]
B5 Systems Grip Stop K
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:12:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Arisaka. Keep it simple.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:29:29 AM EDT
[#9]
KAC for me, for about $20 it's all I want or need.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:38:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The B5 is about right, but more than I want to spend.  You can get a stripped lower for that much

The BCM is ugly and too large.
View Quote
eat the cost and enjoy the best foreword grip on the market
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
KAC handstop.
I just so happen to have one for sale on the EE so I may be a bit biased.

I prefer them over any other hand stop but unfortunately they don't make a MLOK version yet.
View Quote

This is what I'm using. It's nice and light. About $25 is what I paid so not too much.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:25:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Arisaka

I'll amend this to say that I found the Arisaka to be exactly what i wanted for a 13" ALG rail, the ergo rail that has a small piece of picatinny forward. I have an Inforce light mounted and it was just a little something, I could live without it but it's nice. I position it between my index and middle finger. I've setup two this way and they really work well for me.  However on a BCM 15" rail it was a little different. Running a light with a tape which on top of the rail. Because of the hexagonal or octagonal shape it didn't reel the same. The ALG had something built in to guide my hand or i guess keep it from going forward. I tried the BCM KAC grip. I really really like the design, it weighs next to nothing and you can pick one up used for $15. I tried it and turned it around like another poster suggested, I think it would work really well for most people but I just couldn't get it to feel right. I ended up switching it out to one of their stubby hand grips and use a modified clamp grip with it acting as kind or a back up support for my hand. I like this too for that setup, 1-4 with a B5 stock for a better cheek weld where the other is for super quick target acquisition, lower 1/3 dot with a BCM gunfighter stock. For what it's worth....
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 2:00:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I've used the Impact Weapons Components keymod handstop and can say that I really like it. It's slim and about the right size. Does the job and I don't recall it being overly expensive.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 9:26:57 AM EDT
[#14]
The most comfortable Handstop I found is the Larue Handstop. They aren't made specifically for a Keymod but can be modified to fit. I have one one modified for my Troy VTAC Alpha and my Keymod. Both work and look great. No regrets.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 9:35:43 AM EDT
[#15]
ODIN Works Keymod Handstop is a good one.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 1:22:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
it is better when installed backwards.  Try it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
BCM KAG
it is better when installed backwards.  Try it.

It also is terribly uncomfortable.  I like the B5 Systems Grip Stop or also a mini VFG as they give a better angle for the wrist than a handstop
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 6:46:23 PM EDT
[#17]
I have Noveske panels on my pistol and use the corresponding hand stop in the panel kit.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top