Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2016 10:13:50 PM EDT
Peltor Sporttac Tactical Sport vs. MSA Sordin Supreme BASIC

Does anyone have any experience with with MSA Sordin Supreme BASIC? Both of these units are analog and are comparable in price ($125 +/-)

Many have used the Tactical Sport and there are reviews on them nearly everywhere but, the MSA Sordin BASICs seem to fly under the radar. The digital SUPREME PRO X are WAY out of my price range.

Just wondering if the MSA's are better for the slight difference in money given the reputation the other MSA products have.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:00:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had less than stellar luck with Peltor electronics and plan on going with Walker Game ears or MSA next. I tried out the MSAs from one of our range instructors, but can't really comment on their longevity. I've had three pairs of Peltors and the electronics have all failed on at least one side.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:34:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've had less than stellar luck with Peltor electronics and plan on going with Walker Game ears or MSA next. I tried out the MSAs from one of our range instructors, but can't really comment on their longevity. I've had three pairs of Peltors and the electronics have all failed on at least one side.
View Quote
What were the conditions in which the ear pro failed, wet weather? Im in the market for some new ear pro and have been looking at the pelter and MSA
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:19:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

What were the conditions in which the ear pro failed, wet weather? Im in the market for some new ear pro and have been looking at the pelter and MSA
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Almost exclusively indoor range use. I thought it might have been caused by sweat from inside the ear cups being absorbed by the foam, but everything stayed dry on the inside. They all failed outside of warranty unfortunately. Two years was the longest the electronics lasted on mine. I still use my final pair of Peltors even without the electronics. I find the ear cups are a bit too small and can be painful after prolonged use.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:27:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Almost exclusively indoor range use. I thought it might have been caused by sweat from inside the ear cups being absorbed by the foam, but everything stayed dry on the inside. They all failed outside of warranty unfortunately. Two years was the longest the electronics lasted on mine. I still use my final pair of Peltors even without the electronics. I find the ear cups are a bit too small and can be painful after prolonged use.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting, thanks for the feedback!
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:42:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd honestly get a set of Howard Leight Impact Sports. Excellent ear pro and half the cost.

Howard Leight Impact
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 8:13:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'd honestly get a set of Howard Leight Impact Sports. Excellent ear pro and half the cost.

Howard Leight Impact
View Quote
Love my Howard Leights. The price is right.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top