Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2016 12:43:07 AM EDT
Currently run with Magpul slings but was looking at the single point bungie type slings.  Can anyone give some advice on a good bungie type sling and what manufacturer.  Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 2:23:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Currently run with Magpul slings but was looking at the single point bungie type slings.  Can anyone give some advice on a good bungie type sling and what manufacturer.  Thanks in advance
View Quote

Why do you want a bungee single point sling? In my opinion single point slings are pretty much worthless unless you plan on standing at the 25 yard line conducting drills. Anyways I've had to use a single point before, this one is okay if you must go that route Single point sling
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 4:59:24 AM EDT
[#2]
A single point is fine for HD etc but for walking around/navigating obstacles no thank you.

I have an AIM branded 1pt bungee and actually do like it but much prefer my VCAS.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 5:00:43 AM EDT
[#3]
VTAC 2-Point Padded Sling...
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 7:24:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 7:58:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 3:23:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Like said, unless you are just standing/walking around a 1-pt sling is worthless. The muzzle end will flail around unless you keep a hold of it, but there are times you need both hands. The answer you seek lies in your current sling. You can take your current sling and buy adapters (depending on what sling you currently have, just one or, two if you have the MS1) and get a sling that is a 1pt-2pt convertible sling you can use.

That is what I run, a Magpul MS4 with dual QD points. Gives me the mobility of a 1pt sling when I don't need both hands, and if I had to use both I can convert to a 2pt sling and not worry about my weapon swinging wildly around. You can get the QD or mash-hook attachments, Magpul sells them for their slings.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I used a single point sling for a while, it sucks. The rifle is attached to your body but it swings all over and bounces. I've been very happy with the Vickers 2-pt sling from Blue Force Gear.

Watch this

Learn

Decide
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 4:23:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I also went with the Magpul MS4 for a AR pistol.     I'm happy with it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 4:45:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I run Vickers VCAS slings on both my AR and AK. I like them better than the VTAC sling due to not having a bunch of extra sling hanging around when I tighten it down.

I also find it easier to operate.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 11:12:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll stick with my 2 point slings
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 11:24:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Vickers VCAS 2 point nonpadded.

Single points are kinda... not ideal for anything unless you're just gonna stand around
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 2:03:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Do both, at the same time. Look into Savvy Sniper slings. My sling of choice.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 7:10:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I like the vickers slings; and they can be setup with different hardware to use in single point when needed.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:50:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I have tried several bungee slings, and finally found the Tactical Taylor sling,, I now own 7 of them.... Sling
Remove the front loop and add a QD swivel...
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:55:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 12:22:50 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Do both, at the same time. Look into Savvy Sniper slings. My sling of choice.
View Quote

Mine as well.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top