Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2016 12:41:31 AM EDT
Hi guys, Newbie here.  Curious what targets you guys use for outdoor and indoor shooting?  Heading to the range this week.  Oh, I guess I should say I'm a new owner.  Can't wait to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 1:01:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Shoot and see sticker targets the black and green ones for indoor
Ar500 8"round plate for outdoor
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 12:19:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Google "free targets" and have at it. I'll take shoot n see or 100 yard targets when at the outdoor range but when shooting indoors I'll take a bunch of targets I printed online. I've seen people just put up paper plates and use them as targets which works too...I just like having an actual target to shoot at.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:12:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Google "free targets" and have at it. I'll take shoot n see or 100 yard targets when at the outdoor range but when shooting indoors I'll take a bunch of targets I printed online. I've seen people just put up paper plates and use them as targets which works too...I just like having an actual target to shoot at.
View Quote

This.  Hundreds of free choices.  Just download and print what you like.  For precision shooting get one with vertical and horizontal grids.  For fun blasting, get whatever you find interesting, bad guys, animals, etc.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 10:57:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Tannerite. Best target ever for indoor ranges.

But seriously it doesnt really matter for up close work. I'd go with something human shaped. Military Type E's are pretty legit. VTAC targets are really awesome too. If your goal is competition shooting circles are fine. If you plan on shooting for self or home defense use people shaped targets. Shot placement wins. Nobody's ever beenattacked by 4" dots, and you can fit a dozen 4" dots on the torso of an assailant, and only one of them will be anatomically worth a fuck if you shoot someone in it.

Every fucking gun range I've been to has the one that looks like Freddie Mercury holding an AK.

Outdoors past 50m, shoot Steel if your range allows. The instant feedback is indispensable
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 6:06:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Paper plates and balloons. Seriously. They are readily available, affordable, and new shooters really seem to get a kick out of seeing the balloons pop.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:50:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Paper plates and balloons. Seriously. They are readily available, affordable, and new shooters really seem to get a kick out of seeing the balloons pop.
View Quote

This..........I shoot paper plates almost exclusively now.....cheap non coated wally world ones.....grab a sharpie and make the bull of your choice.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top