Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2016 1:20:58 AM EDT
Just bought this first AR, but with years using Enfields etc, would like to buy a simple, low-cost pad to increase the LOP.
The really soft rubbery pad bought for an SKS in '08 flexes, is Not firm.

But the few recoil pads I've Googled  never state the total thickness.  Without  buying a new stock for the M&P 15, Nobody at THR has any other solution.
Is there a really cost pad which slips on and feels pretty firm?

&
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 1:43:41 AM EDT
[#1]
If this is a disability related adaptability issue, you should look into A2 or adjustable target stocks.

If you think you need something 2" longer than a fully extended collapsible stock, you either need to adjust your optic position or have somebody check your form, because you are doing something wrong.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#2]
It's not a disability issue.
My all-original Saiga rifles just  feel better (despite fwd. c.g.), having those longer factory stocks.

You're probably correct saying that maybe my approach to carbines is wrong. I've had zero tng with rifles and I doubt that the Memphis area has such tng.
Do LEOs and soldiers or seasoned civilian AR enthusiasts always find these factory AR stocks optimum?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:45:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm going out on a limb here and thinking you have a car stock on the M&P? Just buy a Magpul MOE and the extended pad for it off EE here and swap it out. Comfort is a personal preference based on ability and the shooters body. That's why there are soooo many threads on which stock does what and who prefers this for this and that for that.

Link Posted: 8/5/2016 11:17:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Magpul's ACS and ACS-L carbine stocks have one inch more max length of pull to begin with.  Extended LOP is 15.1".  Then add Magpul's recoil pad extender for another inch.  Done. Stock also has way better cheekweld due to rounded and wider comb top.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 7:44:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Shoot square to target. Push strong side shoulder forward. Strong side elbow down at side. Put stock on pec, just inside shoulder. Now your stock is too long so adjust it in. Problem solved. If your head is too high, lean forward. Now your head is on stock.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 8:36:47 AM EDT
[#6]
You've got some good options listed above, but I'll throw it out there that I've got pretty long arms, I used to shoot stock all the way out and almost wanted more just like you, now I'm way more comfortable shooting with it 3/4 notches out sometimes 2. A more vertical grip helps like BCM MOD 3 or Magpul K2, but once you try it a little I think you'll like it. It really "works" better than having it all the way out
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 12:07:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shoot square to target. Push strong side shoulder forward. Strong side elbow down at side. Put stock on pec, just inside shoulder. Now your stock is too long so adjust it in. Problem solved. If your head is too high, lean forward. Now your head is on stock.
View Quote

This is how I was tought to run a sub gun and for lack of a better term instinctivly shoot, while this may be the solution for standing and kneeling what position are you shooting in that you feel you need a longer stock? As anthroprometrics suggest your arms are in proportion to your hight, how tall are you?  A huge range of service members seem to adapt to the carbine well without an increase of legenth of pull. Seldom is the weapon equiped with an optic that has paralax, are you using a scope?
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 9:06:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Listen to what this guy is saying!
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top