Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2016 10:32:45 AM EDT
Does the SL-K have the same internal friction bars as the SL?

What do you guys think of your SL-K stocks?

Pro's and con's?
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 1:07:10 AM EDT
[#1]
They both have the friction lock.

I can compare and contrast in a few days. SL on gun at work, SL-K coming for me from AIM in a few days.

Edited my post after reading below. He's right.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:11:29 AM EDT
[#2]
The SL-K does not use the same friction lock as the SL.  It does not lock up as tight as the slightly larger SL.  I prefer the SL stock in general compared to all other stocks.  The SL-K does not come with any QD mounts, you have to add them.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 5:32:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the K. It's small, gets the job done. No frills.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 7:34:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The SL-K does not use the same friction lock as the SL.  It does not lock up as tight as the slightly larger SL.  I prefer the SL stock in general compared to all other stocks.  The SL-K does not come with any QD mounts, you have to add them.
View Quote

+1

I've tried a lot of stocks and the MOE SL is the best IMO (weight, lock up, cheek weld, price, QD/sling options, durability).

This coming from a longtime SOPMOD user.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 12:14:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the SL-K is for people with no necks.  That short toe just doesn't work for me.  

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 4:53:11 PM EDT
[#6]
The SL-K does not fully collapse on a couple of REs that I tried it with... Which sort of defeats the purpose of it (for my purposes).
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:59:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm a huge fan of the SL-K for sbr.   Very compact and aesthetically pleasing with a short rifle.  Wouldn't use it on a full size.  Lock up is fine idk what everyone's issue is on that.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 2:25:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I love the SL-K stock. My second one arrived today. Here is one next to a CTR. For size reference. It does not have the SL tension spring but has very little play. It's much tighter than my MOE stock.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:03:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The SL-K does not fully collapse on a couple of REs that I tried it with... Which sort of defeats the purpose of it (for my purposes).
View Quote

It collapses on all of mine. It's about a half inch shorter forward of the locking pin so there will be a gap in front of the stock compared to a milspec or full size magpul stock.

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 8:12:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1

I run an SL-K on my SBR, but for all other uses I think the SL is fantastic.  Such a good stock.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top