Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2016 11:08:25 PM EDT
I'm looking for a thinner keymod rail section. I currently have a Noveske, but it hangs my light way off to the side, and I'd like it to be a little closer to the rail. Anybody know if the BCM sections are thinner? Or if anybody else has some that are?
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 12:35:19 AM EDT
[#1]
What kind of light are you running? If it is a scout type, might be better off buying a keymod scout mount.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 5:25:10 AM EDT
[#2]
yeah see if there are any keymod mounts compatible with your light. That would be the best way to go imo.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 9:28:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm running an X300 Ultra. Not really a fan of the scout type lights.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 1:27:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm running an X300 Ultra. Not really a fan of the scout type lights.
View Quote

Gotcha, and I have not seen any specific mounts for those like the scout lights. Question though, how thick is the Noveske rail section? I have not used theirs, and I have a BCM one I can try measuring when I get off work.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 6:36:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I love the BCM KMRs. The inside diameter is 1.3", outside is 1.5. They're not cheap but they are very slim and have a great, tight lock-up. A friend and I collaborated on a two rifle build. We used their 20" SS410 Upper on one and on the other we loved the KMR so much we replaced the other handguard with it. Also it feels great with the rail panel kits. They help get rid of the cold, uncomfortable metal feeling.
Here's the 13". It's not cheap, but it's worth it.
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-KMR13-Free-Float-Handguard-p/bcm-kmr-13-556-blk.htm
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 7:08:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I doubt there will be much if any difference across brands for a thinner profile rail as they have to meet the minimum specs for them to be able to interface with variety of different attachments.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top