Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2016 11:01:14 AM EDT
Magpuls PRS version 3 has indexing QD footmans loops, where can I find those? (without replacing my 2 PRSs)
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:31:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 6:46:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We did make some for the original PRS. They were for a military contract and never were made available for sale generally (I can see if these can be made again). If not there were a few people making something similar for comerical sale a few years back
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Magpuls PRS version 3 has indexing QD footmans loops, where can I find those? (without replacing my 2 PRSs)

We did make some for the original PRS. They were for a military contract and never were made available for sale generally (I can see if these can be made again). If not there were a few people making something similar for comerical sale a few years back

You might be referring to me?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:23:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 12:03:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes, are you still making these? If so can you help this guy out?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We did make some for the original PRS. They were for a military contract and never were made available for sale generally (I can see if these can be made again). If not there were a few people making something similar for commercial sale a few years back

You might be referring to me?

I was planning on starting up again.

I understand that you guys changed the thread pitch at some point.

I need to buy a new PRS stock to analyze what the new pitch is and see how it affects my jigs.

But, yeah...I will get on it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 5:33:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Let me know what technical info you need and I will see if I can get it for you. If not I might be able to swing a used demo production stock your way for R&D.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was planning on starting up again.

I understand that you guys changed the thread pitch at some point.

I need to buy a new PRS stock to analyze what the new pitch is and see how it affects my jigs.

But, yeah...I will get on it.

Let me know what technical info you need and I will see if I can get it for you. If not I might be able to swing a used demo production stock your way for R&D.

All I really need to know is what the thread pitch is nowadays.

I actually will need to acquire another Magpul PRS stock soon.

I picked up an Armalite-pattern AR-10 upper and an 80% 7075 billet lower receiver from Genesis CNC and I have completed the finish machining.
Another Magpul PRS stock was planned for this build.

The front takedown pin lugs were a little too close together and wouldn't fit the upper, so I created a little program to skim a few thousands off to clear

Now they fit:

All done, the completed 80% lower is ready to go off to anodizing:

Test fitting the completed Genesis CNC 80% AR-10 lower to an old-school factory AR-10T upper:

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top