BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2016 4:09:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 11:34:56 AM EDT
[#1]
That's awesome.  Need pics when it is done.

That IWC Micro socket is very nice to - instead of 3 interrupted slots that would allow partial rotation, it has a bunch of 'dots' that wouldn't allow any rotation.  Would like to see that on other QD sockets.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 12:56:22 PM EDT
[#2]
The micro sling mount concept in general is above and beyond any other IMO

Why has it not been used more extensively, who knows.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 3:44:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Your going to put it in the top rail?  Not worried about interference with sights ?

I am a huge fan of their micro qd's and have them installed in all my magpul handguards - often on both sides but for this particular use the slightly more expensive Noveske version might work better.  Instead of using a split ring it uses a threaded section.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Y - often on both sides but for this particular use the slightly more expensive Noveske version might work better.  Instead of using a split ring it uses a threaded section.
View Quote

I'd venture to guess the nut on the Noveske would likely not fit into channel of the rail that is meant for a gas tube.  And then you have the gas tube which may be an issue for either idea.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 5:02:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm having a heck of a time getting into the GS. Busy man.
Yes, in the top rail. It will be flush with the top of the rail. It will not interfere with the sights an any way.

I looked into the Noveske quite a bit, but did not consider them as I read that they break.
The nut on the Noveske QD is too wide to fit in the gas tube slot.

Link Posted: 1/26/2016 9:21:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Done

See original post above
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 1:41:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Why would you put it on the top rail?
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 12:03:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote
The placement fits my need.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 4:04:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's an honest question. As this is a DISCUSSION forum regarding AR's and slings, thought you might want to DISCUSS the need to place it there. Share with others that may also have the same need.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:10:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I learned that the placement of the sling attach point residing 90 degrees to my configuration, keeps the rifle more vertical when slung in a two point position.

Using an additional sling point that attached to the top of the rail, to me, for lack of better term, is like a wart on your nose, and more expensive.

I tried numerous mounts. Daniel Defense, Magpul, Wilson Combat, GGG, and Midwest Industries. MI included rail with sling mount.

I did not like the look of any of them. So the best approach to a minimalist hand guard, recessing the smallest available in place for an overall slim concept.

As crazy as it may sound, my dilemma of learning how it would carry the rifle was performed with several 1/4" zip-ties that have a loop formed into the head, then attached to my sling.

I cinched them tight in different areas on the rail until I found the optimal mounting point giving a fully loaded and ready to go configuration.

Placement of the IWC Micro QD socket was also in consideration of my Surefire M600U, of which I also designed a mount for that, that keeps the weaponlight inline and tighter than anything available.

Sorry, no more pics

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 12:35:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Why use THAT QD cup? I'd have just gone with a GrovTec threaded steel RL limited swivel cup. Drill the hole, thread, put thread locker on the GrovTec, thread it in. Done.

THESE:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/972000/grovtec-sling-swivel-bases-push-button-limited-rotation-steel-black

I use these all the time for empty sockets in Magpul stocks. They are fantastic.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 4:54:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Why use THAT QD cup? I'd have just gone with a GrovTec threaded steel RL limited swivel cup. Drill the hole, thread, put thread locker on the GrovTec, thread it in. Done.

THESE:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/972000/grovtec-sling-swivel-bases-push-button-limited-rotation-steel-black

I use these all the time for empty sockets in Magpul stocks. They are fantastic.
View Quote

With it being a limited rotation cup and the fact that it threads in... you never worry about it spinning back out or loosening once you put a QD sling in it and start moving around and torquing it? Just seems like by design it's setup for eventual failure.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 7:24:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Why use THAT QD cup? I'd have just gone with...
View Quote
I disagree, but, the world has evolved from "ideas." Try it.

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 9:08:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

With it being a limited rotation cup and the fact that it threads in... you never worry about it spinning back out or loosening once you put a QD sling in it and start moving around and torquing it? Just seems like by design it's setup for eventual failure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THESE:

I use those for many applications also. I use red loctite and have never had any issues with it backing out. They are a great product in my experience.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 1:25:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I use those for many applications also. I use red loctite and have never had any issues with it backing out. They are a great product in my experience.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THESE:

Yes, they do not back out if you use Loctite. They are a fantastic product and are super cheap as well as super easy to install. They are my "go to" for QD cup solutions.
ETA: they are also on sale right now at Midway for $6/pair. Can't beat that!
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top