Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2016 5:31:28 PM EDT
As the title says. Is it any good? I am about to purchase the Voodoo Tactical Case but wanted to get input on VISM first. I have pelican cases for long distance travel and flying so this case will only be used to drive to the range. Am I better off buying the VISM and using the $50 difference for ammo or is it airsoft crap that will just break?
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 5:33:24 PM EDT
[#1]
tag (for google) because I'm interested in similar VISM case (the single break down carbine case)
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 5:46:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I got one from Dvor for around $35, had it for about a year, same use as the op mentioned, just lugging stuff to the range. It's held up well for the use intended, and price is tough to beat. I pack it pretty full too. Seams and zippers have held up well, but I have not used the backpack straps.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:08:15 PM EDT
[#3]
No complaints. I've got this one. Enhanced Voodoo Tactical 42" MOLLE Soft Rifle Case

I've loaded mine with two rifles with all compartments full of loaded mags and other essentials.

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:10:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Made by NC Star?
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:35:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Made by NC Star?
View Quote

Yes, however some times they surprise me. I realise the Voodoo Tactical will be better made, but for a fill up the bag at home, put it in empty trunk of my car, drive 20min to the range, walk 100yards to the firing line and unpack it 20 times a year will it be good enough to give me a few years use? Its $50 less that I can spend on ammo. Not to sound cheap but if I actually TRAVEL with my guns they are in pelican hard cases with foam. I just want something lighter and easier to run to the range with.

Getting sick of feeling like I am checking into a hotel every time I go shoot rolling in the hard case.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 9:14:54 PM EDT
[#6]
i was in same boat.

i got the vism / ncstar one from optics planet for 48 bucks.

it is about 1.5 inches shorter than advertised at 42". so figure around 40.5.

that was my only complaint.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 9:21:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
i was in same boat.

i got the vism / ncstar one from optics planet for 48 bucks.

it is about 1.5 inches shorter than advertised at 42". so figure around 40.5.

that was my only complaint.
View Quote

How long have you had it? Has it held up being filled w 2 rifles. Ammo and handgun? How comfortable is the backpack strap?
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#8]
mine is basically empty. i take one ar in it. i got it for bolt gun and ar but bolt gun just barely doesnt fit. i dont put anything in the pockets and i took the backpack straps off. it was purely for riding in the car (we usually carry a pile of shit including steel plates)
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 9:41:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
mine is basically empty. i take one ar in it. i got it for bolt gun and ar but bolt gun just barely doesnt fit. i dont put anything in the pockets and i took the backpack straps off. it was purely for riding in the car (we usually carry a pile of shit including steel plates)
View Quote

Would you buy it again or get something else?
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#10]
to protect my billion dollar mk12 mod 0 on our car rides, it is priced right for repurchase in the future. its crazy. i can walk through buds , and sportsmans local here and they sell the SAME CASE under 3 different brands, between 80 and 120 bucks. its 48 bucks on optics planet.

anyways, we take target stand metal and wood frames, 6 or 7 guns, etc in the trunk and i wanted something to protect the rifle . it works.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 8:11:26 PM EDT
[#11]
The Draco brand rifle case is the better one , extra pockets and the padding seems better. I have a Voodoo Tactical also, the Voodoo Tactical bag that outshines the other brands is the 28" rifle bag. It's perfect for SBR'S.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a vism case.  It's a shooting mat/drag bag type of bag.  Quality is pretty good, and seems to be worth what they cost.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 10:39:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No complaints. I've got this one. Enhanced Voodoo Tactical 42" MOLLE Soft Rifle Case
I've loaded mine with two rifles with all compartments full of loaded mags and other essentials.

View Quote

I've had one (not the enhanced) going on about 10 years now and there are no tears and all zippers, fasteners and Velcro are all working 100%.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:41:27 AM EDT
[#14]
So when it was all said and done I bought both a 42" Vism case for $41 on Dvor.com because they  showed it in stock and I build up $10 in store credit (which makes it $31) only to have it turn out to be back ordered for 3 weeks. So I then went and bought a 36" Voodoo Tactical case from Midway on Friday that will be here tomorrow. I am still getting the VISM case. I figure since I was unable to find a comparison between the two I would make one for the next guy.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 7:14:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have one of these and like it a lot, OD green.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top