Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2015 3:10:42 AM EDT
which ones are best? what are the differences? any particular company you would recommend? thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:23:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been very pleased with the Magpul MS4. It is a convertible one-point or two-point sling with dual push button quick disconnect clips. I have a qd latch plate on my lower receiver buffer tube extension for single-point attachment and another qd socket on the side of the hand guard for two-point. The sling is top notch quality in both form and function and adjusts with ease.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:25:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I think it's largely personal preference. I own 1 one point sling, everything else is two point. Personally I hate 3 point slings. Blue force gear, magpul, viking tactics... Stick with the big names that are known for quality and you can't go wrong. My favorite is the BFG Padded VCAS
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:45:19 AM EDT
[#3]
No one uses 3 points anymore, because a 2 point will do most of what a 3 point will do.

I still like 3 points for nostalgia, and on a 20" gun (or my 18" ar-180) a three point can do some stuff that singles and two points can't.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:51:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Different purpose guns get different points,,,, I have    both 1 and 2 points
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:55:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been very pleased with the Magpul MS4. It is a convertible one-point or two-point sling with dual push button quick disconnect clips. I have a qd latch plate on my lower receiver buffer tube extension for single-point attachment and another qd socket on the side of the hand guard for two-point. The sling is top notch quality in both form and function and adjusts with ease.
View Quote

I second this suggestion. If you want/prefer clip type to QD you can go that route, I do think it would be easier to transition from 2pt to 1pt with clips. I HIGHLY recommend attaching the sling on the back of the lower receiver.  It keeps the rifle higher up with the stock extended vs if you attach on the stock. I just got my MS4 dual QD to test my suspicion on the QD vs Clips.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:16:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm having a hard time trying to decide what sling to use on a AR Pistol I just put together.  I put a Magpul QD plate on the rear of the lower with the intention of using a round push type QD.  Now I've been looking for a single point bungee sling with that type QD but haven't had much luck..  I'm looking for some recommendations.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top