Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2015 12:29:52 AM EDT
Just got a Colt LE6920 with the new MOE SL furniture and am puzzled how to attach a basic sling to it.  Not looking for anything fancy or tactical here - just want to be able to attach in a reasonable fashion a basic GI-style sling, but the lack of a front sling swivel is giving me trouble.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Field expedient sling with paracord loop though the FSB?
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 5:01:01 AM EDT
[#2]
This is why I prefer the MOE line vs the SL. The SL requires you to ADD an additional sling point (via their M-lock swivel mount, which I'll admit is damn good). However, if you use a regular MOE handguard (which allows the standard sling swivel to stay), you don't need anything. To me, the extra hype of how much "slimmer" the SL line is not worth it. I'll stick the to the MOE (actually tapered "standard" handguards are my fav), and keep my sling loop. The MOE SL is not worth it, IMHO.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, changing back to regular MOE handguard is probably not going to be cost-efficient vs. just springing for the m-lok sling attachment point.

I do like the idea of just hooking the sling to the front sight base - I now do recall seeing some pictures of that.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 5:54:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, changing back to regular MOE handguard is probably not going to be cost-efficient vs. just springing for the m-lok sling attachment point.

I do like the idea of just hooking the sling to the front sight base - I now do recall seeing some pictures of that.
View Quote

You might also be able to fish it though the mlok slots too.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 9:26:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm currently using paracord through the front sight post but have the M-Lok QD on the way.  The paracord does the job for now.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 12:15:58 PM EDT
[#6]
How tough are the MOE (and the Magpul polymer in general) hg?  Kind of nervous attaching a sling to a plastic mount.  It's not going to tear out of the plastic?  Same concern using a qd on the CTR stock I just put on.

I have an end plate on the way with 2 qd points, but if I want a front qd just wondering where it should go.  The gas block is a set screw aluminum with upper and lower rails. Kind of nervous about attaching there, don't want the gas block to move if the rifle/sling yanks hard on it.  

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top