Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2015 2:54:52 AM EDT
I have been kind of looking at these lately.  They seem like they would be handy to move a collection, or when you want to take multiple guns to the range.  When I take a trip out to the nicer, farther range I usually want to take 3-4 rifles, but end up only taking a couple because I don't want to haul them.  The cases don't seem maybe as sturdy as Pelicans, but they have a pretty good warranty and I think SKD is used for shipping a lot of stuff.

On the other hand, a case with 4 rifles in it will probably be pretty heavy.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 3:13:21 AM EDT
[#1]
The one that's "side by side"? Yeah, my dad uses that one and LOVES it. He added/fabbed decent locking point (added locking brackets) for airline travel (as all cases locks are a joke). He uses it for transporting rifles for NM hunts. I'm not sure if we're talking about the same case (his were made for break down shotguns), but if so... GTG (but be prepared to put serious locking brackets on it, as with most cases).
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 3:28:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Good to know, if it's not the same one they are probably similar, as SKD uses the same design for a lot of them.

From their website.  I think the double case layers the guns on top of each other:

http://www.skbcases.com/sports/sku.php?cat=9&pid=41
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:38:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep. "stacked" (layered with foam between them, not side by side). GREAT case. He's used it many times for airline travel and hasn't had any issues with it yet.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top