Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2015 12:28:25 AM EDT
Im in the process of building an A4 style build and since no gun is complete without a sling i got to looking at what kind i should get.
Well, while doing some research and looking around at different styles, im thinking i want to go with a 2-point
Reasons for this:
1. A rifle length AR might be alittle heavy for a 1-point, not doubting the strength of the sling, but i feel like it would stretch the sling out and hang awkwardly
2. 1-point slings dont offer much support to the gun and they tend to flop around, especially if im going to be using a rifle length gun
3. Ive messed around with some 3-point slings, and they tend to be just a mess of webbing, while still functional, its not what im looking for

So im thinking my best bet is a 2-point
Also came across the option of a stock mounted magazine pouch
I see that specter gear makes a pretty stream line set up thats also made to fit with their sling systems
Does anyone use this style of setup from specter gear? Is this a Go or No-Go?

Also wanna add that im going to be putting the side mounted front swivel under the front sight base.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 6:41:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, 2-point is the most practical and best way to go.

Specter Gear makes good gear and (like a few others) has the advantage of various adapters to fit different weapons/configurations.

You see a lot of stock mounted mag pouches in the deployed military because a) most troops have to carry their weapon(s) at all times, b) they must also carry a mag with them and c) most times/places it can't be in the weapon.

Outside of that, it's not commonly seen.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 4:44:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, my dad was in the military as an MP and was deployed to the sandbox a few times, most of the pitcures of him on duty he has a stock pouch
So asides from the added weight, seems like a pretty functional piece of kit
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 1:15:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I have run their gear for about 15 yrs and have had no problems.  I have a 3pt and a 2pt like them both.  and I am now running one of their 1and 2pt slings and it is great.

Link Posted: 6/21/2015 12:44:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm running a 3 point Specter with butt stock mag punch on my A4 build.  It works great.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top