User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 2:02:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I like them on rifles I will be shooting from a bench or prone, otherwise I am not a fan. My 3gun rifle and SBR dont have one whereas my LR308 and Varmint AR both have the phase 5 thingy.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I mean if they're just got coolness factor, I guess I need one.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:03:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Stoner would be rolling in his grave if he saw half of the "solutions looking for a problem" that folks stick on their AR's.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:32:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I use the BAD on my rifles.
They serve a purpose.
I only buy them when I see them on sale.

The Phase 5 lever is VERY nice.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 6:28:19 AM EDT
[#5]
i would put one on a race gun, or like some in this threat have mentioned on a rifle without bolt hold open. other than that… kill it with fire.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 8:12:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Love em, if you don't like em, don't use em.  Much like vertical and angled fore grips, some people like them, some don't.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stoner would be rolling in his grave if he saw half of the "solutions looking for a problem" that folks stick on their AR's.
View Quote

I don't know about that.

Stoner was pretty innovative with the use of plastics and aluminum, I bet he would totally be on board with a lot of the stuff the aftermarket has come up with for the AR platform.

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 3:38:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don't know about that.

Stoner was pretty innovative with the use of plastics and aluminum, I bet he would totally be on board with a lot of the stuff the aftermarket has come up with for the AR platform.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know about that.

Maybe some things but I'd bet $ he wouldn't be on board with a monstrosity like the BAD lever.

Something that clamps to an existing part, goes down the side of the rifle and protrudes into the trigger area.
Not only is it ugly and looks like a cobbled after thought it could be a possible interference with functioning
if it became loose, bent or jammed with a foreign object.

No offense to anyone using one if it floats your boat.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 3:00:25 AM EDT
[#9]
It would take a pretty hefty foreign object to jam that thing.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:17:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm watching "The Fighting Season" on the Audience Channel and noticed what appeared to be a BAD lever being used by soldiers in Afghanistan. Anyone heard of these being used by combat soldiers?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:49:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I've used one (the same one actually) on 2 tours on 2 different M4's.

I know a bunch of guys who use them, and a bunch of guys that don't.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Never was.
View Quote

Yup. Game gimmick for the Magfools or for the Southpaw folks.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 1:06:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Now that mentioned for the leftys,  Me Im ok, but My daughter is a lefty,  How would that work?  Allow a lefty to use the thumb going downward to send bolt home?
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 1:15:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 9:18:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I fuckin' hate 'em for some reason.  I mean really hate 'em.

I saw an ear broke off a lower on account of one of those retarded things getting hit on something.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 4:23:39 AM EDT
[#16]
on rifles meant to be used from the prone they are a must.  

Also if the shooter has a weak or numb left hand a bad lever is pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 10:13:10 PM EDT
[#17]
I have them on all my rifles.  Locking the bolt to the rear while staying on target = fast malfunction clearing.  Never had an issue with the bolt failing to lock back on 6 different builds.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 1:12:30 AM EDT
[#18]
I am a lefty, so they really do not work for me.  Others I know run them and do not seem to have any negative issues with them.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 4:59:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I am a lefty, so they really do not work for me.  Others I know run them and do not seem to have any negative issues with them.
View Quote

Actually, they were designed for lefty's. As a lefty, if you know how to use it, it can really speed up your reloads.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 12:05:41 PM EDT
[#20]
I tried them briefly. Bolts always locked back and did a great job of closing the bolt fast/easy but I found it difficult to lock the bolt back manually and I didn't care for how far it protruded into the trigger guard area (YMMV).
Recently tried the Redi-Release by Redi-Mag and while no big help locking the bolt back manually (despite the advertisement), I like it much better than the BAD for releasing the bolt quickly. It hugs the top of the trigger guard area and can only be activated by pressing down on it, pushing up or in won't release the bolt.
Running reload drills this morning I never accidentally activated the Redi-Release while pushing the mag release (I use an Odin XMR v2) and the bolt released every time I swiped my finger down after inserting a fresh mag.
More info here: http://www.redi-mag.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=56
Now, if I could only get my hands on a few of their Redi-Catches...
Tomac
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Actually, they were designed for lefty's. As a lefty, if you know how to use it, it can really speed up your reloads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am gonna have to disagree with you on this one. The MagPul website states:

"...allowing manipulation of the bolt stop from the fire control/ready position with the right-hand trigger finger."

As a lefty, I find that the bolt catch lever is already easy to manipulate with my trigger finger.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 10:56:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

"...allowing manipulation of the bolt stop from the fire control/ready position with the right-hand trigger finger."

As a lefty, I find that the bolt catch lever is already easy to manipulate with my trigger finger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then you're doing it wrong. Insert the magazine with your right hand, beer can grip, slid the thumb to the lever and press. Under a timer, reloads are seconds faster using this method.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 10:22:54 AM EDT
[#23]
I have never used one.  I learned how to use my bolt catch and charging handle instead.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top