Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2015 10:48:59 AM EDT
I'm looking to get a single point sling adapter for my AR, but I don't really want to un-stake the castle nut. So I'm looking at something to go over the castle nut. This is what I'm looking at, a Midwest Industries adapter, anybody have any experience with these, or the like?

LINK
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the MCTAR13. It works fine and I have no complaints.
I will say MI has excellent customer service and if you aren't satisfied they will make it right until you are.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I've used a couple of the Tactical Link 360 mounts. Very strong construction and great performance, but they're more expensive than the MI version.
Tactical Link360
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 7:35:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the MI QD version. Works well and I wouldn't hesitate to use one again.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 8:44:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've used a couple of the Tactical Link 360 mounts. Very strong construction and great performance, but they're more expensive than the MI version.
Tactical Link360
View Quote

Anyone know of one that's more robust like the one you sent, but for HK clips instead of QD?
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:10:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I have never seen an over-the-castle nut sling adapter with HK loops, but that doesn't mean they don't exists. Usually, the best rear adapters for those replace the end plate, such as the CQD; those can be staked, too, but I understand the desire not to break factory staking, especially if it's a Colt.

That said, the GGG angled QD mount is something to consider when using HK hooks:
http://www.gggaz.com/heavy-duty-enhanced-quick-detach-sling-swivels.html

Also, take a look at the TangoDown PR-4 sling adapter:
https://tangodown.com/shop/tangodown-pr-4-sling-mount/
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:48:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have never seen an over-the-castle nut sling adapter with HK loops, but that doesn't mean they don't exists. Usually, the best rear adapters for those replace the end plate, such as the CQD; those can be staked, too, but I understand the desire not to break factory staking, especially if it's a Colt.

That said, the GGG angled QD mount is something to consider when using HK hooks:
http://www.gggaz.com/heavy-duty-enhanced-quick-detach-sling-swivels.html

Also, take a look at the TangoDown PR-4 sling adapter:
https://tangodown.com/shop/tangodown-pr-4-sling-mount/
View Quote

I might have to go with the angled QD, and a QD mount...seems like it will be more solid, when compared with the other options.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:37:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I just installed an MI hook type adapter on my FN15....Quality and fit of the adapter are excellent. Only issue I have is that that with the Magpul strap the hooks are a bit large and don't move freely on the adapters smallish ring. I plan on making a small loop of paracord to tie to the adapter and hook the strap to it for more freedom of movement.

....Other then that the MI piece is GTG.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 1:45:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Tactical Link360
View Quote

+51 for the Z360..... It ROCKS. Just a note though it uses a milspec end plate (oval shaped indent). If you have a QD end plate that is worn or want this to go over shoot me a PM. I have a video on how to make it work without having to change your endplate or taking off the Castle Nut.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top