Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2015 3:03:24 PM EDT
What are some good quality, quick adjusting bipods?  Would be nice if you could canter it a bit as well such as on a side-hill.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 3:11:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Atlas is what I use.

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 3:38:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 4:50:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Atlas is what I use.

View Quote

My personal favorite....not cheap but after you've had one for awhile you forget the price and have a a badass bipod

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks pretty well built...nice bipod!
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 11:19:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Grip Pod, don't laugh it works for me and my needs. If I really needed a bipod the Atlas is hard to beat, if you are rich.  Harris makes a good solid bipod for a decent price. Stay away from UTG unless this is going to be nothing but a range toy.  

NCH
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 11:32:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I own a Harris and it works very well on my 22. I've been looking at VLTOR, GG&G, Tango Down, and Atlas. I'm leaning towards the Atlas or GG&G since they both have the 45 forward position.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 11:37:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Harris, but I also really like my UTG...I know everyone thinks they are crap around here, but it's ever bit as robust as my Harris and for the price, you can't go wrong.

Amazon UTG bipod
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:28:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Harris, but I also really like my UTG...I know everyone thinks they are crap around here, but it's ever bit as robust as my Harris and for the price, you can't go wrong.

Amazon UTG bipod
View Quote

I have one those as well. Like you said, for the price its a nice little bipod.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:10:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Amazon UTG bipod
View Quote

I have owned a Harris in the past and currently have an Atlas(pictured above) as well as a couple of UTG bipods. The UTG bipods, at least the model you linked to and its non-QD version, are not bad at all. I used a UTG for years as my only bipod and found it to do the job very well. Depending on your budget, the firearm it's being used on and the type of shooting you're doing, the UTG is not a bad choice at all IMO and IME.

I did aquire one of their newer models that comes with the Ruger Charger and I'm not all that impressed with it. It just doesn't feel very solid to me. I put it in the drawer and replaced it with my old UTG to use with the Charger...works great
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:12:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Atlas or Harris if budget is more of a concern. I have gotten very used to the atlas
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:26:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Whatever you choose, I HIGHLY recommend notched legs, and a swivel base.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 7:09:54 PM EDT
[#12]
+1 GG&G XDS-2 Tactical bipod

GG&G bipods are manufactured to mil-spec standards and are of lightweight aluminum construction, the one noted model XDS-2 bipod have 45 degree forward position feature, they also have different models with standard legs and quick detachable picatinny rail mounts.

I've got an old model GG&G-Bobro bipod similar with the new models except mine have fewer new features, but it had held up well in 8 years now.

Ref:

http://www.gggaz.com/xds-2-tactical-bipod.html

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:56:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Have four Harris bipods. They are quality gear.

I recently bought an Atlas. Atlas will be all I buy in the future. That's not a knock on Harris at all.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top