Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2015 9:53:25 PM EDT
Looking to swap out my Magpul hand gaurd for a quad rail that weighs as little as possible. I am not free floating this. Anyone have any suggestions as to what to look at?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:09:45 PM EDT
[#1]
KAC RAS off EE ~$100, give or take.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:12:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Non free float when you own the gun and it is so cheap and easy ??
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:43:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you specifically looking for a two piece drop in quad rail handguard?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:50:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I have two KAC RAS, so I like them a lot and they're super easy to install. But I like my new Samson EVO better. It is also a drop-in replacement, but it is a free float. It feels lighter and is much more comfortable to hold, since the only permanent rail is on the top (others can be added anywhere else).  This type of modular rail seems to be the way things are going. Can't go wrong with a trusty KAC though, especially if you are building a faithful M4 clone.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:34:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the ideas guys I'll check these out. If anyone else has ideas please post them for me. As for the non free floating, I am after this for my Colt LE6920 which has the front sight post and I don't like the idea if removing it if I ever had to do anything to the gas block in a SHTF scenario. Honestly I'd even be open to a non quad rail. I really am more after the weight savings. Recently having put an EoTech on it like to lighten it back up some. Probably going with a Minimalist stock for instance
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:18:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I am not sure, but I suspect the Samson Evolution EX will fit around an A2 FSB.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:13:14 PM EDT
[#7]
There are some free float options that would let you keep the front A2 post.  It would be almost a shame to not take advantage of the opportunity.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:21:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I did not know that there were such things. With that said if anyone knows of any please do post them you guys are the best!
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:52:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Centurion Arms C4 is what you want for a free float rail that retains the FSP.  I have the carbine cut out and it is an awesome rail.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:02:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Daniel Defense Omega rails are 2 piece free float that work with your front sight base, they don't touch them.  I'm selling one in EE, but it's a mid-length, won't fit your gun.  Maybe look for a carbine length one?

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:27:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for all the help everyone
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top