Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2014 5:05:48 AM EDT
hey,

im looking for a combination of a PELI CASE + a rifle bag.
Foam is nice, but im often changing parts on my guns, so a bag will be a better solution!

I want to put a 16,75" AR15, a Moosberg Flex 590 Tactical and a Glock 17 with Mags n shit in it.

Im comparing a Peli Storm iM3200/Peli 1720 and Peli Storm iM3300/Peli 1750.

Dont know if my guns will fit in the first comparison.

So which one would you buy (length and modellwise) and which BAG to put inside?

thx very much!!!

btw, just found the Voodoo Tactical 42" Deluxe Padded Weapons Rifle Gun Weapon Case ,
looks great for everything i want. the question is, if the bag is fully loaded,will it fit in the storm iM3200?!
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:46:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I have Pelican Storm IM3200 cases and I can tell you that its big enough using the foam for a Remington 870 (18" Barrel, Blackhawk pistol grip, Aimpoint Patrol Optic and Surefire Light/Forend) and 125x12ga rounds in 25 round fliptop boxes, sling and desiccant tin with room to spare.  I could easily still fit a 1911 and mags in there.  Seeing as you are not putting ammo in your case (it takes up a lot of room) and not using the foam I would be shocked if it didnt hold a Shotgun and an AR comfortably.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:52:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I used this combo when flying a couple times and had luck, but you at least might want to take a look....

Uncle Mike's Tactical 3 gun bag and a Pelican 1750. Bag was designed to fit in the pelican and you will fall in love with the bag itself.

Merry Christmas !!
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 6:26:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had a 1750 for years and damn glad it comes with wheels!  Last couple trips via airliner I ditched the foam and used all of my hunting gear as padding, worked great but weighed a ton.  The inner bag idea is genius that opens up options for all the crap one may need, but will still end up with a heavy combo.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top