Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2014 9:43:52 PM EDT
Hopefully someone can clarify this for me.  I'm looking to add a QD swivel sling to my carbine.  I want to be able to attach the QD sling swivel to either the right or left side of the stock (Magpul Fixed Carbine Stock, I live in a ban state) using the built in QD cups.  I'm looking at the Magpul Type 1 Sling Mount, which basically fits into the QD cup and screws in from the back.  Now if I also buy the Type 2 sling mount, that pushes into the other side of the QD cup and both screw together (type 1 and type 2), essentially giving me an ambidextrous QD mount.  Is this correct?  I've scoured the internet looking for clarification, and I hate to say there is very little info clarifying this.  I'm not new to this stuff, I just to like to double check before I hit "submit order".  Thanks for the help.

-NJ
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:15:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:47:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I have also been scouring the web looking up sling info. I came to the same conclusion. Type 1 gets you a single QD attachment point, type two gets you an ambi
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:29:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have also been scouring the web looking up sling info. I came to the same conclusion. Type 1 gets you a single QD attachment point, type two gets you an ambi
View Quote

That was my assumption as well (but I don't know for sure). I DO know that I used a "type 1" for the left side of my MP FCS stock (freaking LOVE that stock!!) and it sits almost flush in the socket (many say it doesn't, but you have to seriously PRESS that bugger in there. It WILL go in, it's just a tight fit).
Forewarned: the "Type 1 and type 2" are NOT (I repeat... NOT) rotation limited. That irritates me to no end. Slings turn into twizzlers with out rotation limitation. HUGE negative for me.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top