Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2014 5:11:29 PM EDT
I've been looking for a good discrete carry option for my AR. At my local range in Houston I came across a new bag called TACC-1 by Diamond Tactical. It's a guitar case, but incorporates the MOLLE system and seemed like a very good option as they had a lot of pouches available. The build quality seemed great and it was priced well. Anyone used one of these or seen them? I've looked at a lot of other options but nothing seemed like a solid option as I would have cut out a few needs (ammo pouch, mag holders etc...). The MOLLE system seems really attractive.

Thoughts/suggestions/recommendations?
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Molle panels and a huge "Diamond Tactical" logo seem like the opposite of "discrete" to me ...
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the new smaller Sneaky Bag for my SBR.

¦ External: 27" (L) x 9.25" (W) x 5.5" (D)
¦ Internal, Main Compartment for Rifle: 26" x 9" x 2.5"
¦ Middle Compartent: 20" x 9" x 1.5" (mid point since it is slanted)
¦ Front Pocket: 10" x 8" x 1" (mid point since it is slanted)

http://www.sneakybags.com/store/SPYDER_Covert_Carry_Bag
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:58:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:55:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Molle panels and a huge "Diamond Tactical" logo seem like the opposite of "discrete" to me ...
View Quote

I'm not too worried about that as the average person would see it as just a guitar bag. I guess at the end of the day I'm not trying to hide anything, just trying to not draw attention.

I appreciate the input!
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:48:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I would go for the sports bag wherever possible.  I use a tennis racket bag for my AK underfolder.  Can also leave it on the back seat as gang-bangers don't play golf or tennis.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I went ahead with the Diamond Tactical TACC-1 bag, with a 10-6 pouch. For me, it's just about going to the range and back. Happy with my decision so far, range tested once over the holiday and was able to carry rifle, pistol, ammo, mags, eyes & ears with room to spare.

Great option LIquidmetal, The only draw back I could see with that option is your limited on accessories space(ammo, sights, mags etc...) unless you carry a 2nd bag.

Thanks again for all the input everyone!
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top