Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2014 8:34:44 PM EDT
I have a MAGPUL M93B stock.  I am in need of the little mounting plate into which the QD sling swivel fits.  MAGPUL does not show these on their web site, so I thought I'd ask here about them.

It's a little oval shaped steel part with two threaded mounting holes and a larger, central hole which retains the ball-lock QD swivel.  It's a little thing, only about 1/2" X 1", but without it, you cannot attach a QD swivel in the rear.

Does anyone have one or two of these squirreled away somewhere, perhaps in a box of old stock?  If so, let me know.  We can trade or sell if you're willing to part with one (or two).

Thanks for looking.

It looks something like this but it's just flat and the mounting holes would be threaded.  

P.S. - Has anyone tried to use one of the other QD mounting plates on an M93B?  There are a bunch out there but no dimensions are given and I don't know if they fit.  The mounting holes I need are 0.7" apart.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 4:10:46 AM EDT
[#1]
This is what your talking about:
http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG528/104
google it, there are MANY vendors that sell this.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 4:38:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for helping.

I saw that but that is not the correct part.  That is an isometric drawing of the exact same part shown in the photo, above.

If the hole spacing were correct, I'm sure I could make it work.  Do you have one?  What is the hole spacing of the two mounting holes (center-to-center)?
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 6:46:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I sent an email to Magpul and they replied in one business day.  

They have no residual parts for me and nothing they now make will fit.  

They sold the design to ErgoGrips.com who changed the design of the QD fittings quite a bit.  Still, they may have parts I can use.  

I sent Ergogrips.com an email a while ago but they haven't yet had time to respond.

If anyone has parts I can use, I'm still looking.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Please let me know what Ergo has to say. I could use one of these plates too.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:43:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Please let me know what Ergo has to say. I could use one of these plates too.
View Quote

Will do.

I looked at the Ergo version of the M93.  Ergo changed the design of these plates.  

The Magpul design uses two pieces.  One piece holds the butt stock pieces together.  The other is a small plate into which the QD swivel plugs (this is the piece I'm missing).  

The Ergo design appears to use a single piece to perform both functions.  The bad news here is, it might require replacing the entire clamping plates (bound to be more expensive than bolting on a small machined part to the existing Magpul plate).    

Why these QD fittings were not part of Magpul's original stock is beyond comprehension.  I saw some holes and assumed they were QD points.  A few years later, when I switched to QD fitting, I found out they were just clearance holes and would not hold the QD swivel.  Now, it's too late.

I may end up kludging something together from off the shelf parts or making some plates from steel bar stock on my drill press.  Either way, it will be somewhat of a kludge.  The only good news is, I have one Magpul QD plate to use as a pattern/model.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:42:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Well at least you've got one.

I've got a 93B and it has a metal player with a hole on each side so I figured the adapter was just another plate bolted on top with a different diameter hole.

I bought a strike plate and buttpad but never got around to getting the swivel attachments before they were dropped.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 5:00:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Good News  from Ergo -

"We usually carry them.  But we are out of them until the mid part of January."

Customer Service
ERGO Grip/Falcon Industries
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top