Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/13/2014 10:44:10 PM EDT
What are the preferred gloves for out military?

Feel free to note any others that you think to be well made and functional.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:50:40 PM EDT
[#1]
PIG gloves

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 11:13:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

So..is this the general consensus?
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 11:26:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Pigs, Oakley's, Mechanix
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 10:16:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pigs, Oakley's, Mechanix
View Quote

The above are all good. To add:

Batting gloves and golf gloves.

Both are cheap, offer decent protection, great dexterity, and can be replaced singly (no need to buy a pair when only one is needed).
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 2:52:42 PM EDT
[#5]
PIGs are great gloves, but they are NOT warm and can make your hands colder than no gloves.  (In case you wanted cold weather gloves)
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 3:13:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Is that advertising the glove, or the shocker?
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 3:19:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I like PIG gloves, but really anything that offers a lot of dexterity is good.

I'm not a fan of gloves with tacky grip so the PIGs fit the bill fine for me
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I prefer to use the PIGs but Mechanix and the occasional old nomex flight gloves still get used.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 2:32:53 PM EDT
[#9]
five pair of PIG gloves.  I like them the best.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 3:28:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Mechanix are fine if you need cheap and easy.

The OR Gloves are nice with a tight fit. My only complaint is that there is a junction of three seams that pushes into my hand when I use them with a pistol.

The only complaint I have for both of the above is that they extend back on the wrist and interfere with my watch. I either have to take it off, or loosen it up so it slides up farther on my arm.

The Pig gloves are awesome. Great quality, tight fit, good tactile function and they don't extend too far back to interfere with a watch.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 4:30:16 AM EDT
[#11]
I've always used mechanix.  I beat the hell out of them until they fail, then toss them without worry as they are cheap.   The covert are my favorite but they started making multicam which are getting to be my favorite.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:14:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've always used mechanix.  I beat the hell out of them until they fail, then toss them without worry as they are cheap.   The covert are my favorite but they started making multicam which are getting to be my favorite.
View Quote

Not trying to hijack, but how warm are the Mechanix gloves?
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:36:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought one size bigger and ran smartwool liners in them.

Still cold if you're not active.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:39:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great that is what I needed to know thanks!
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:15:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On a 1-10 with 10 being warm.  Probably a 5 or 6 for me on a 40 degree day.  I'm kinda cold natured though also.

I'll wear them in winter but not without having a warmer backup pair.  Not sure if that helps.   I make them work for the most part as they have the dexterity I need at work.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:55:23 AM EDT
[#16]
+1 mechanix
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 5:49:38 AM EDT
[#17]
I use OR Ironsight gloves. I've had mine since they came out, and I love them. Heard some terrible reviews, but that hasn't been my experience.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:29:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
+1 mechanix
View Quote

+2
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:51:21 AM EDT
[#19]
If you think you might need to punch someone in the face, Oakley Hardknuckles are good.

They're not that greatest for extensive abusive daily use, but if you're in the business you can get them at a pretty steep discount.

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 7:29:31 AM EDT
[#20]

Fantastic gloves,  used em daily for a couple years.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:41:07 AM EDT
[#21]
i have the sitka gloves, no issues. snug fit, good dexterity, not warm in really cold weather tho
http://www.sitkagear.com/products/solids/necessities/shooter-glove

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:02:42 AM EDT
[#22]
anyone have a recommendation for a decent cold-weather glove?

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:08:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If you think you might need to punch someone in the face, Oakley Hardknuckles are good.

They're not that greatest for extensive abusive daily use, but if you're in the business you can get them at a pretty steep discount.

http://www.besttacticalgloves.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Oakle-Gloves.jpg
View Quote

I want a pair of these. I feel the strongest urge to punch someone in the face here at work.  I haven't had a good pair of sap gloves in 40 years.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#24]
I just switched from mechanix  to the pigs. Love them.

I'm glad I didn't get the alphas. the regular version works just fine with my phone.

Not that I need to be texting in such a hurry in the field.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#25]
My .02    pig gloves
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:23:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I want a pair of these. I feel the strongest urge to punch someone in the face here at work.  I haven't had a good pair of sap gloves in 40 years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DO IT! Then come back and debrief GD with a thread entitled "So I punched a co-worker in the face with my Oakley Hardknuckles."

I guarantee at least 10 pages.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:51:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I had some of those and the knuckle guard edge always dug into my hand when it was in the relaxed position.  Granted its been years since I had them but I got rid of them because of it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 2:20:21 AM EDT
[#28]
I went with the PIG's....thanx for everyones input.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 5:05:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I had some of those and the knuckle guard edge always dug into my hand when it was in the relaxed position.  Granted its been years since I had them but I got rid of them because of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, they're not very comfortable at all nor very durable for everyday wear - as I've seen people use them. They're strictly tactical, ad they really protect the hand (against glass, hard objects, teeth whatever) and are good for stuff like patrols, client protection or certain drama scenes.

The pair I have now are barely used. I would only put them on if I thought I was going to need them for real - which is like never.

I wouldn't even have them if I didn't get them for about half price.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:57:35 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a pair of PIGs and Mechanix, they are both very nice, but the Mechanix are quite a bit bulkier.  The PIGs are awesome, they have so much dexterity that they almost feel like you aren't even wearing gloves.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:50:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Are the PIG gloves pretty tough? I hear everybody say they are tops in dexterity, but just didn't know if this was the kind of deal that you were going to burn through some pairs fast.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:30:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:27:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Please give us warning the next time you link to James Yeager. I am not trying to give that tool anymore traffic than he already gets.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:07:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Are the PIG gloves pretty tough? I hear everybody say they are tops in dexterity, but just didn't know if this was the kind of deal that you were going to burn through some pairs fast.
View Quote

They are not a very long lasting glove, but they are not disposable by any means. The stitching likes to tear out when you load magazines.

That said I just use them until I wear through them and then buy another pair. I wish they were more durable but the dexterity is awesome and that is what I want when I reach for these gloves.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:12:22 PM EDT
[#35]
I've got a pair of blackhawks. They've served me great in the limited times I've had a chance to use them.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top