Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2014 9:34:06 PM EDT
I really like the look and functionality of the Magpul UBR Stock but the cost ($265) has got me wondering about whether or not I'd be happy with it. Can anyone who has this stock please share your experience with me. Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:43:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a pre-production one for a while. Great stock, excellent lockup and feel. The only downside was the weight. Compared to a CTR and normal buffer system, this stock was drastically heavier.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:46:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a pre-production one for a while. Great stock, excellent lockup and feel. The only downside was the weight. Compared to a CTR and normal buffer system, this stock was drastically heavier.
View Quote

Same except mine is from one of the first production batches

I have it on my Beowulf it balances out the heavy barrel
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:50:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Good, solid stocks.  You can often find used ones in the Equipment Exchange for around $200.  I actually have an extra in Foliage I'm probably going to list.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:50:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one, it took me a really long time to pull the trigger because of the price. It is the most solid adjustable stock I've felt and literally the only downside is the weight. I'm not carrying the specific rifle I have it mounted on great distances, and if I needed to I could. Its a great stock all around. I with it wasn't as expensive but as soon as I put it on and shot with it for the first time all my worries went away. I really really like it. I definitely think that it is a "must have" in your arsenal on at least one of your AR's (I'm just starting to assume most of arfcom has at multiples, at least in partial builds as well). The cheek weld is nice too. Just buy it, as long as you have an optic, I would get an optic first.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:54:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I loved it.  Worth every penny.......IF you can stand the weight.  It weighs a full pound more than a "standard" m4 stock. (at least mine on my scale)
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:34:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Considered one to balance out my steel can.  Anyone else tried that?  Rifle is super front heavy but on the flip side, 265 is a bunch of ammo.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:39:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all that info everyone. Sounds to me like it's well approved of by all, no negative comments except for the weight. Like mentioned, I won't be carrying it long distances either. The weight doesn't matter that much and if I have to haul it around I'll just get a sling.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:26:36 AM EDT
[#8]
A friend put one on a Sig 556 and it balanced out nicely.  With the piston it was front heavy with the factory stock.  I have a UBR on a lower/unfinished AR.  Rock solid stock.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:57:19 AM EDT
[#9]
i really wasn't impressed with the cheek weld, or the weight. it did lock up rock solid though, but for the high magnification scope i was using the cheek weld was too important to give up. and it does look cool. but for the price i just couldn't justify it. i shot a friends rifle with it n decided against it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:07:13 AM EDT
[#10]
They're nice.

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:20:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I really like mine. As others have said, it's kind of on the heavy side. You can find them for around $215. If your building, rather than modifying a current rifle, you can save a few bucks because you don't need a buffer tube.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:37:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Site vendor Aim Surplus. They are super awesome...aaaaanndd ...wait for it...a coupon for the UBR for 220

your welcome..

and people say '14ers aren't good for anything....

love mine...
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:22:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 1:35:00 AM EDT
[#14]
I have one on my BCM 20 inch upper ...... it balances out the rig nicely.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 1:42:55 AM EDT
[#15]
$265 is MSRP...

I would consider anything over $210 TOO MUCH. Many places sell them from $190-$210.

Use coupon code Bryanfreakinrocks  @ Aimsurplus, and that always brought it down to that price.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 6:19:33 AM EDT
[#16]
I've had one one on my 5.56 for 3 years & really like it, the length only gets altered very occasionally if another shooter uses it.

Recently it's developed a wiggle between the 2 parts of the stock, as much as I love Magpul products( both my AR's have Magpul furniture) I'm not impressed with their customer service, as soon as they discovered I'm in the UK correspondence ceased.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 6:23:53 AM EDT
[#17]
I have 2 AR's, and a UBR on each one. I've had standard collapseables, a Sully Stock, RRA Entry stock, A2's, even a PRS. UBR is the way to go in my book.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 8:30:18 AM EDT
[#18]
I have 2, they are a great stock.  

Because everyone likes pictures:
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 8:58:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Wife likes her's.

Bought when Aim had them for under $200 a long time ago.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 9:38:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I loved it.  Worth every penny.......IF you can stand the weight.  It weighs a full pound more than a "standard" m4 stock. (at least mine on my scale)
View Quote

This right here.  It helps balance the weight of a can if you use one as well.  I ended up getting rid of mine because i didn't think an 11.5" SBR should be the heaviest rifle i owned, but functionally it's great.  Easily the most solid adjustable stock out there.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 3:19:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Hands down the best stock and one of the best investments that i have made for my rifle. I've had mine since 2009 and it is still flawless. the most solid, adjustable, comfortable, and balanced stock around.
get it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:50:46 PM EDT
[#22]
I want one but geez isn't it time for a gen2 to drop the price some of the gen1
Eventually I'll get one.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:19:01 AM EDT
[#23]
I like mine. It was well worth what I spent for it.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 2:30:43 PM EDT
[#24]
I dig the added color fill to the stock

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:39:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Had one and liked it, as others said it is heavy. Sadly sold mine but am looking at getting another one soon.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:47:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 2:32:56 AM EDT
[#27]
I have two too

Link Posted: 2/7/2015 2:51:30 AM EDT
[#28]
I bought mine about a year ago, and have had it on my BCM 16 middy for that time period. I love everything about it except sometimes the weight as others have said, other than that it is awesome. I'll always have one available to me from now on. It is expensive and I waited like 6 months before pulling the trigger but as soon as I did and got it on my gun it totally changed the whole feel of the gun, its hard to explain completely but I think its totally worth it. I bought mine new but I wouldn't hesitate buying a used one due to the fact that these things are REALLY tough. A little side benefit of the additional weight is recoil mitigation as well, the 5.56 doesn't kick for shit anyway but my gun has the BCM comp, a middy gas system, the UBR stock as well as the enhanced magpul recoil pad, along with the weight of the Aimpoint pro really makes this gun not kick at all. Muzzle rise is practically nothing, excellent for taking new shooters out who want to shoot something fun without it killing their shoulder, or for double taps. Long story short if you aren't having to trek this rifle long distances or are in good enough shape where an additional pound doesn't piss you off I would look as the weight as another benefit.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 5:58:23 PM EDT
[#29]
I like mine a lot! Sure it's a bit heavy but I like the look, balance, and the comfort. Have you tried one out yet OP?
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#30]
I have the black prototype one, first announced on here. I still consider it the best looking and most comfortable stock you could put on an AR, it's also one of the heaviest.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 2:36:46 AM EDT
[#31]
I was a bit hesitant as well due to the weight and the cost, but after just getting mine together yesterday and taking her to the range for the first time today, I have zero regrets. Like many others have said, it balances the rifle well and rock solid.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top