Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2014 2:56:41 PM EDT
So, for a while now, I've been using the Magpul MS4 QD on my rifle, and have very much enjoyed it.  However, I very recently got a plate carrier, and although I am not going to be taking the plate carrier with me to the range every time I go, I need a sling that is long enough to go over it comfortably and be used in both a one point and two point configuration, because the MS4 is sadly too short.  I was wondering what those of you that do run plate carriers use for your slings.  If it matters, the sling attachment setup I'm going to be using is a Noveske QD endplate and the built in QD socket on the Geissele SMR rail.  Thoughts appreciated!
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Why not look at something like the wolf hook sling with a QD fitting that stays attached to your PC?

Use the sling when you're not wearing the carrier and use the wolf hook when youre wearing your PC
QD fittings on both and on your rifle will make removing/installing it quick and simple.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:59:58 AM EDT
[#2]
May I ask your size OP?  Did you adjust the sling?  Only asking because I use that sling with my plate carrier and it works well and I still have a lot of adjustment left.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:39:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
May I ask your size OP?  Did you adjust the sling?  Only asking because I use that sling with my plate carrier and it works well and I still have a lot of adjustment left.
View Quote

6'2" 184lbs.  Normal to skinny, certainly not "oversized."  I adjusted the sling to be as large as possible, in both the single and two point configuration, and didn't have any weapon-mobility.  If it makes any difference, the plate carrier is the SKD PIG plate carrier.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:13:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I used the Viking Tactics sling in both Iraq and A-stan on M4's and AK's with LOTS of gear on my armor.
It is plenty long with lots of room for adjustment; never a problem with it being too short.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:48:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

6'2" 184lbs.  Normal to skinny, certainly not "oversized."  I adjusted the sling to be as large as possible, in both the single and two point configuration, and didn't have any weapon-mobility.  If it makes any difference, the plate carrier is the SKD PIG plate carrier.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With your size that sling should be fine.  What all do you have on your carrier?  Could you post a picture of it?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:48:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

With your size that sling should be fine.  What all do you have on your carrier?  Could you post a picture of it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, this is both very embarrassing and fortunate.  Despite having tried slinging my weapon many times while wearing my plate carrier previously and being either uncomfortable or the sling seeming dysfunctional, while trying it on just now again in order to provide thorough pictures, I seem to have found a way to wear it that works perfectly...  
But, thanks to all those that provided insight.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:28:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Well, this is both very embarrassing and fortunate.  Despite having tried slinging my weapon many times while wearing my plate carrier previously and being either uncomfortable or the sling seeming dysfunctional, while trying it on just now again in order to provide thorough pictures, I seem to have found a way to wear it that works perfectly...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is the way you found?  I'm curious.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:48:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The correct way
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top