Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2014 1:02:15 PM EDT
I damaged a BCM mod 4 charging handle that I bought from the BCM website.  It was in an upper that I was cleaning in my garage

when I knocked it off my work bench, falling onto the concrete floor.  The upper sustained no damage, but the charging handle was in

several pieces, spring, now stripped charging handle and movable grip part.  The roll pin connecting the charging handle and grip part

was gone.  The grip part took the brunt of the impact as shown on the picture.  BCM was contacted and will replace the charging handle

Free of charge......now that's standing behind their product.  

PS  Just wish they can strengthen the roll pin connecting design to guard against goofs like myself to really make it battle proven.

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:15:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Why would you contact them when you dropped it? Your fault, sucks for you...that is how I see it. BCM replaced a product due to negligent use, not failure from manufacturing a poor product...
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:58:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Freak accident imo, and great to know BCM is still going strong when it comes to CS.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 5:43:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why would you contact them when you dropped it? Your fault, sucks for you...that is how I see it. BCM replaced a product due to negligent use, not failure from manufacturing a poor product...
View Quote

Unfortunantly, I agree.

But, I commend BCM for standing by their product. Always have respected that company.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:38:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Unfortunantly, I agree.

But, I commend BCM for standing by their product. Always have respected that company.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunantly, I agree.

This...^^^.  Agree.  I commend the OP to have the balls to expect BCM to replace it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:12:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I think BCM should have replaced it.  This is a battle weapon and the fact of the matter is, it should not have broken and left the weapon disabled from such a short (4ft???) drop.  What if this happened on the battlefield or someplace where it is life and death?  
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:46:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think BCM should have replaced it.  This is a battle weapon and the fact of the matter is, it should not have broken and left the weapon disabled from such a short (4ft???) drop.  What if this happened on the battlefield or someplace where it is life and death?  
View Quote

Fact is though, it wasn't.  Sorry, but I am with the majority here.  OP fucked something up, and wanted to use a warranty for something it wasn't designed for.

As far as the OP's suggestion to make it "battle proven", it made me laugh.  I think there are a lot of guys using them in the wild. They are pretty tough, but I am sure BCM would love to have you on their design team.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:33:45 PM EDT
[#7]
i bet alot of others top companies would replace it too. magpul, tango down, vltor....although i dont think magpul plastic passed the army drop test did they?

at least OP is honest and all he did was ask a simple request, its not like he was hear pissing and moaning about it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I've read the OP several times and I still can't seem to find where he said he expected them to replace it or even actually asked for them to replace it. He just says he contacted them. Could have been asking about having it fixed, etc. I'm in my phone so I can't see the pics very well so I don't if it is something that is fixable or not.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#9]
How can you go wrong with that kind of customer service? Makes me want to own one.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've read the OP several times and I still can't seem to find where he said he expected them to replace it or even actually asked for them to replace it. He just says he contacted them. Could have been asking about having it fixed, etc. I'm in my phone so I can't see the pics very well so I don't if it is something that is fixable or not.
View Quote

Looks fixable, roll pin snapped. I'm with you, can't tell if he asked for replacement or called about repair. Maybe he was asking for a roll ion to fix it himself.

If he called for a warranty replacement, it's not bcm's fault and not cool of him.

If he called about getting a roll pin, and bcm offered to replace it. Good for them.

Bcm is a stand up company. And I'm happy to own several of their items.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Daniel defense and psa throw their kit out of helicopters and cars to show its tough and will still work.I dont think dropping it like that should have broke it and aparently bcm agrees.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 11:58:23 PM EDT
[#12]
somone should do this with a raptor
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Daniel defense and psa throw their kit out of helicopters and cars to show its tough and will still work.I dont think dropping it like that should have broke it and aparently bcm agrees.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

OP states that the CH was in the upper when it fell. I would think that if all that weight was directed to the CH as it hit the concrete then that would damage it easy enough. The PSA video shows them abusing an assembled rifle the whole video (I believe?) which would protect the CH from most of the 'direct force' of the abuse.

Still sounds like an accident with the fault being on the OP that BCM chose to replace on their dime. In for some clarification and/or update by the OP...
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#14]
About a week later, I received a brand new CH from BCM.  I don't know about you folks, but having a reliable weapon in time of need,

well to me is priceless.  I don't think I'm asking too much for when your rifle happens to hit the hard ground, from a short fall that it becomes useless now.

BCM is an excellent company that is committed to putting out excellent products and standing by them.   I'm just

at odds with the roll pin design and what can happen to it.   Whether by negligence or accident,  wouldn't you

want to know that your kit can withstand mishaps and survive.....I would.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 1:35:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Reading through the post and looking at the BCM web page, need to asked about the Ambidextrous charging handle.
Anyone use them and are they helpful for accessing the charge bar with scopes.
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 8:03:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Run the BCM Mod44 Ambidextrous Charging Handle, being left-handed, and I think that it works fantastic for that application.  I actually run the Mod44 on all of my rifles.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 10:52:22 AM EDT
[#17]
PS  Just wish they can strengthen the roll pin connecting design to guard against goofs like myself to really make it battle proven.
View Quote

I thought the gunfighter was designed to take the stress off of the roll pin
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 7:25:52 AM EDT
[#18]
i have no opionon on the OPs decison to contact bcm for a replacement, but i am fairly surprised almost shocked that a bcm charging handle broke like that fom just hitting the ground... very strange, these things go to war for years at a time.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 7:33:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It was.  But BCM has been beaten at their game.  AXTS and SLR have both created better charging handles.  I'll give the nod to the SLR since it completely eliminated the roll pin.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top