Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2014 11:51:27 AM EDT
I really like the look of the Dragunov style furniture that you typically find on AK rifles, SVD, PSL, Romak, etc.  I have done some searching on the googleverse, but so far I haven't seen anyone put that kind of stock on an AR.  I guess it would look kind of like a thumbhole stock.  I'm just curious if anyone else has a thing for this style of furniture, or has tried to design one for the AR??  Maybe it's a dumb idea, but just wanted to throw it out there.  Here's a quick pic I made in paint to illustrate...

Obviously the barrel is wrong (AK style, the rear sight is even still on there, haha), and I had to widen the upper part of the buttstock as if there were a buffer tube inside, just wanted to depict how the buttstock and handguard might look with the AR receiver.  What do you think?

This is my first post, but I have trolled ar15.com for quite awhile, and used the insight here many times for my own builds - thanks to all!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:27:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I guess I'm the only one
Oh well.  One day I might try to fab up a stock like this, and I'll be sure to post it if I do.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:53:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Close, but not quite.

Welcome to the site, BTW.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top