Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2014 1:33:00 AM EDT
I am looking to purchase a 2 point battle sling and really have it narrowed down to these 3 slings since they are the ones that seem to have the best overall reviews and are in my less then 50 dollar price range.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on what you feel based on your experience etc. which is the better option and why?

The VTAC runs about 5+ dollars more then the Troy sling but both seem really nice ... are there any advantages to the VTAC over the Troy? The Troy has a quick detach buckle but I don't think that matters for me as both end of my sling with be connected to Quick Disconnect swivels (one of the buttstock and the other on the side of my MI Quad rail). The VTAC has whats looks to be a slight better pull and release buckle area. The Troy has a bungee and but I don't think that is any advantage is it? I am new to slings so any advice you can provide would be great.
The Condor seems to have most all the same options but at HALF the price which is why I am leaning towards that as I have no need for an anything expensive or to bulky .... I know it's not padded like the others but for my limited use I don't know if that really matters much .... It also has the quick release buckles like the Troy sling but like I said I will have the QD swivels already so thats not a big deal really... anyone use this sling that can compare it to the other models?

Would love to hear your thoughts on these or if there is another 2 point sling in the $50 or below price range that I should be looking at aside from these two?

Thanks so much guys. :)

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 11:19:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody using these slings?
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 3:56:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't speak to the Condor but I have a few of the VTACs and one Troy. I HATE the Troy...it's odd adjusting it, and the keepers move all over the place.  I love the VTAC, but I'm slowly growing to like the Vickers sling a little better, and yes, I know it's moving out of your price range, but I bought one new on eBay last night with metal hardware for $39 shipped.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't speak to the Condor but I have a few of the VTACs and one Troy. I HATE the Troy...it's odd adjusting it, and the keepers move all over the place.  I love the VTAC, but I'm slowly growing to like the Vickers sling a little better, and yes, I know it's moving out of your price range, but I bought one new on eBay last night with metal hardware for $39 shipped.  Good luck!
View Quote

I have been basically sold on the VTAC really just wanted to get some more info here.

That Vickers is the Blue Force Gear right? Hmmmm, looks a bit cheap but it's not ... no padding on some but others had a little looks like depending on model I think, seems like more solid type of webbing but for me I'm just using it at the range etc. so I don't anything majorly heavy duty ... just something to hold it up and carry around really is all.  did and eBay search and ya they can be had for around $50 looks like.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 9:40:16 AM EDT
[#4]
VTAC one is great, smooth adjustments with the quick adjust slide lever.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 9:42:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Just ordered a Vtac/padded/upgraded. It'll be here tomorrow. I have a Larue padded now, which is essentially the same thing, and I love it.

I'll post pics tomorrow.

Oh, I would have gone with another Larue, but I do the Bing search engine rewards thing, so I had $10 in Amazon online discount card from that. By the end of the day today I'll have another $5 one. Been doing it four months now.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 2:46:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just ordered a Vtac/padded/upgraded. It'll be here tomorrow. I have a Larue padded now, which is essentially the same thing, and I love it.

I'll post pics tomorrow.

Oh, I would have gone with another Larue, but I do the Bing search engine rewards thing, so I had $10 in Amazon online discount card from that. By the end of the day today I'll have another $5 one. Been doing it four months now.
View Quote

I'm looking forward to those pics and seeing what your thoughts are after it arrive and you get a chance to use it.

Thanks so much for the help guys! :)
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 6:38:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a padded VTAC that I've had on my 870 for quite a while. I like it, but I like the standard Vickers BFG VCAS the best. When in doubt; KISS, and the VCAS does that with less bulk than the VTAC.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 6:40:11 PM EDT
[#8]
all my slings are Vtac padded upgradded
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:39:52 PM EDT
[#9]
All my slings are Blue Force Gear padded slings, only way to go in my opinion.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:56:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm looking forward to those pics and seeing what your thoughts are after it arrive and you get a chance to use it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll post pics tomorrow.

Sorry for not posting.

I have it adjusted where I want it and will be trimming it tonight if I feel better, and if my little Filipina friend doesn't want to skype.

The pics will be up tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 11:42:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Have both VTAC and VCAS. As most will tell you, VCAS is the way to go. VTAC is a better hunting sling/patrol though
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I built my own based on the VTAC. They cost me about $10 each. If the VTACs work as well as mine they are winners.

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:41:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I haven't used ALL of the slings, however, I do own a VTAC Upgraded sling. The regular VTAC slings aren't as good but it's still padded so that makes it good. From what I can see here, the regular has plastic buckles and the pull line/release aren't as good. Otherwise you can save a few bucks if you don't mind plastic.

I originally bought it for my EBR set up. Then decided that okay, maybe this isn't a good idea. So I got a Specter Gear 3 point SAW sling and that was great but then I realize I made a horrible mistake. So what I did was used the clippers from the Specter Gear 3 point sling and used it on my ebr to tie it with my vtac. I love it now. I bought it for every rifle I own. It makes everything so smooth that I love it. It fits my body well and I am a rather big guy.

The main thing I like is the padding. After a day of carrying an ar15 or an ebr, my neck hurts with the gi sling. This makes it easily hang for a long time and doesn't have that "sore" factor behind.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:42:04 PM EDT
[#14]
With the padded VTAC, is it just me, or is the sling too long to the point that the padding makes zero difference? I've got QD mounts at the buttstock and near my front sight.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:51:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
With the padded VTAC, is it just me, or is the sling too long to the point that the padding makes zero difference? I've got QD mounts at the buttstock and near my front sight.
View Quote

It aggravated me so bad I started as thread a few months ago on it. I got some guys to post up how they had their buckles done and all that, and got it done. I just cut the extra length from the front of my sling today after trying out different lengths. I have it where I want it. Just haven't burned the ends yet.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:18:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
It aggravated me so bad I started as thread a few months ago on it. I got some guys to post up how they had their buckles done and all that, and got it done. I just cut the extra length from the front of my sling today after trying out different lengths. I have it where I want it. Just haven't burned the ends yet.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I just adjusted to my comfort level and cut off the excess like the instructions instructed.  Love my VTACs, they are the only slings I use.

Link Posted: 8/6/2014 7:34:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone tried the VTAC Hybrid?  I cant figure out what the difference is between this and the Upgrade.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top