Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2012 9:06:43 AM EDT
So after taking a few carbine classes. I'm trying to find the advantage of a single point over a two point sling. I was using the magpul sling for a single point and it was uncomfortable, the end of your rifle hits you in the nuts if your not carful....so I've been using a Larue and VTac two point slings now.

My question I guess is, I'd  like some insight on advantages of a single point sling.

The only thing I can come up with is being able to switch sides of the rifle to shoot ...
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 9:30:50 AM EDT
[#1]
It drops it in the same place every time. That's about it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#2]
IMO a single has no advantages over a 2-point...and you already discovered some of the disadvantages of a single.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 10:51:48 AM EDT
[#3]
From what I have read, getting in and out of vehicles with a single point is easier, and although I have one it, I have never one it for real day in and day out, so I don't know for sure.

I like the MS2 and MS3 because it can be either 2 or 1 point, but again, I have never used one when it counts.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 11:17:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So after taking a few carbine classes. I'm trying to find the advantage of a single point over a two point sling. I was using the magpul sling for a single point and it was uncomfortable, the end of your rifle hits you in the nuts if your not carful....so I've been using a Larue and VTac two point slings now.

My question I guess is, I'd  like some insight on advantages of a single point sling.

The only thing I can come up with is being able to switch sides of the rifle to shoot ...

And do it fairly fast under pressure.  
I wouldn't bother with one for hunting anything that won't shoot back.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

we have a horse in this race but IMHO there is really not any advantages to the 1 point. Even being able to transition shoulders can be accomplished by a two point sling more efficiently. As far as the vehicle thing goes. I don't really recommend connecting your sling to your body inside of a vehicle so it really makes no difference if your using a two point or a one point for that application.

As far as transitions go:
Huskey MKII EWS Video watch the video at 1:43 ryan demos a two point sling transition to the off shoulder

Link Posted: 8/26/2012 4:10:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

we have a horse in this race but IMHO there is really not any advantages to the 1 point. Even being able to transition shoulders can be accomplished by a two point sling more efficiently. As far as the vehicle thing goes. I don't really recommend connecting your sling to your body inside of a vehicle so it really makes no difference if your using a two point or a one point for that application.

As far as transitions go:
Huskey MKII EWS Video watch the video at 1:43 ryan demos a two point sling transition to the off shoulder

Kudos on the disclosure, however I would disagree with the highlighted portion of your reply above. With a single point there are actually less steps involved which to me seems to reflect the meaning of efficiency.

I however would say that "Even being able to transition shoulders can be accomplished by a two point sling just as fast as a single point with enough training".
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 7:40:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the responses/personal experience. Looks like I won't be rocking a single point unless I need to do tactical rolls out of my truck...
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 5:56:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the responses/personal experience. Looks like I won't be rocking a single point unless I need to do tactical rolls out of my truck...

I run a VTAC 2 point with an IWC 2 to 1 triglide on it. It allows you to transition to a one point sling on those few occasions where it might be more efficient.

IWC Tri-glide
Link Posted: 8/28/2012 9:15:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I run a VTAC 2 point with an IWC 2 to 1 triglide on it. It allows you to transition to a one point sling on those few occasions where it might be more efficient.

IWC Tri-glide

That is a great set up option for sure
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top