User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Durable LPVO mounts (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 6:12:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Another vote for Badger and Reptilia mounts. Both are solid.

I did see a scalarworks break at the hinge. Cant say if it was a fluke or if it’s a known issue but a friend had his break a while back.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you recall which version of the scalarworks you saw break?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:47:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: steve8140] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sticman77:
View Quote

Can’t say for certain as I dont know much about Scalarworks LPVO mounts in general but it broke at the hinge. He bought it brand new and it broke this past summer. It could have been a design or manufacture flaw or it could have been him abusing it. He typically runs his guns through classes and does a bunch of barricade type drills so who knows what the cause was.

My own .02 cents, I don’t like the idea of a hinge. To me, a hinge is designed to be a moving part that typically has looser tolerances in order to open and close. What benefit is there compared to a clamp style mount?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:59:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AugustineBolishbatfe] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sticman77:
View Quote

@sticman77 - it was the LEAP 07.  They ended up basically (or actually) doubling the number of hinges and now the 08/09s exist (and the 07s don't any longer).  

FWIW, I have an 07 that I had an NF NX 1-8 in on a LaRue PredatOBR in .308, and mine is still just fine.  The problem (from what I observed from the internet postings which, as you know, are 100% truthful and reliable), occurred with the ones that had full size scopes in theirs.  it's also worth noting that Scalarworks apparently replaced everyone's who broke.  Also, they're by far the easiest mount to actually mount your optic in/level.  

That said, I buy Spuhr for mounts and Nightforce Ultralites for rings most of the time.  But I wouldn't hesitate to buy the new Scalarworks.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Durable LPVO mounts (Page 2 of 2)
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top