Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2017 1:01:31 PM EDT
Apologies.  I couldn't find this if it has been answered.  

I have read the differences but I haven't seen a gen 2  in person.  Not many places have them on display.  

Are there any practical differences?   Should I pony up the premium or is it basically the same once you start shooting?

Edit.  Or I'll go with a DP Pro, this is for a handgun.  The DP has a very attractive price.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 1:58:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Apologies.  I couldn't find this if it has been answered.  

I have read the differences but I haven't seen a gen 2  in person.  Not many places have them on display.  

Are there any practical differences?   Should I pony up the premium or is it basically the same once you start shooting?

Edit.  Or I'll go with a DP Pro, this is for a handgun.  The DP has a very attractive price.
View Quote

They're shown/listed in my review below

Trijicon Type 2 LED Adjustable RMR: Best Handgun Red Dot Ever? (HD)
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 1:59:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never before heard of type 2.  Had four RMRs.  The six plus y.o. one is great, another is ok,  the newest ones were crap.  Trijicon could not fix them.  Said I was lucky (their word) to have a good one.  Rumor is they went to a cheaper supplier for their electronics.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:38:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the video.  I'll look at from home.  Appreciate it.

Edit.  I have 2 dual illumination RMRs so I don't know about the electronics being fragile first hand.  I have read about the issues.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:59:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a type 1 RM06 at Trijicon right now for repairs. Having the reticle flicker problem no matter what I've tried. Tried the battlewerx anti-flicker plate, triji plate, tape on battery, bending the contacts and a combo of everything.

It's for a duty gun set up but just not reliable enough. Thank goodness for the tall sight though.

I'm really *hoping* they just send me a type 2 in its place but only time will tell. It's been there about 3 weeks so far.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I have four RM06s, 1 RM01, and 1 RM09-C.  All of them are Gen 1, LED, and all have been reliable so far.  From what I have seen, if you had a Glock milled down for an RMR and the surface of the slide that the RMR sits on is completely flat and smooth (other than the two screw sockets that stick up, then the battery in the optic could not move.  

If your slide has groves in it, like the Glock MOS models, than you typically would get some flickering potential as the battery could move under vibration as there are groves on top in the MOS models.

Very few Trijicons I have see go back to be serviced were due to an optic defect, and had more to do with lack of positive contact between the bottom of the battery and the surface of the slide.

The Type 2 version has multiple contact points on the battery and larger battery contacts.  This should greatly help those with MOS pistols that had any flicker issues.

All my Glock uppers that have RMRs on it are Zev slides that are custom milled to accept only the RMR.  There is no movement in the battery so it works great so far.

I am sure Trijicon will take care of your issue, as their service is known to be great.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top