Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/16/2017 8:10:26 PM EDT
I'm really considering buying one of these to complete a 20" A4 build (PSA CHF 20" upper on the way ).  I have lusted over an ACOG for years, but this scope looks like a really good deal for the price range and I can finish my 20" build and buy this scope for less than an ACOG.  Any reviews on the M536 would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:47:00 AM EDT
[#1]
It looks almost identical to the $250 Primary Arms one, but with a rubber cover that says Steiner on it.  Steiner says theirs are made in Germany, and maybe they are, but I'm skeptical these days due to how many companies love to say, "Made in USA" when the truth is actually "assembled in USA using parts that were probably sourced from another country."

I wish someone would buy one of each and open them up to compare the electronics.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:59:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Schott glass...in the Steiner

Don't know where the internal mechanicals come from...
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 6:35:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It looks almost identical to the $250 Primary Arms one, but with a rubber cover that says Steiner on it.  Steiner says theirs are made in Germany, and maybe they are, but I'm skeptical these days due to how many companies love to say, "Made in USA" when the truth is actually "assembled in USA using parts that were probably sourced from another country."

I wish someone would buy one of each and open them up to compare the electronics.
View Quote
That is sorta what I have been thinking, but the claim on the glass makes me want to give them a shot.  I was able to look at one of the PX4i at BPS and the glass was nice, but for my 20" build I'd rather have a fixed 4 to 5 power scope.  Primary Arms is local to me so I will go take a look at one of their scopes also.  I wish I could look at one of the M536s.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:00:48 PM EDT
[#4]
The more I have been looking the more I have begun to lean toward the Primary Arms 5x fixed optic mainly because I like their reticle a lot more.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 3:34:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been thinking about picking up the 5x.   Who's got the best price currently?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:26:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Primary Arms has the best prices on their scopes.  IDK about the Steiner.  Supposedly the unmentionable site has the best deal.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top