Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2017 5:27:01 AM EDT
So I recently scored an EOTech g33 magnifier with the flip mount for $180. So I threw it behind my vortex sparc2. And the magnifier seems to sit a little high and sits a little to the left. This is the first time I've used a magnifier and was wondering if it actually matters. And if it does what can I do to get a good alignment.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:12:57 AM EDT
[#1]
There are adjustments to center the SPARC's dot in the G33, no?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:25:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are adjustments to center the SPARC's dot in the G33, no?
View Quote
Yes there are. I wasn't quite sure if those you actually compensate for the physical alignment or not.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:37:23 AM EDT
[#3]
If it is generally centered, it won't matter. You should zero at distance with the magnifier mounted since that is when you will need the sight zeroed the most. It might be off a little without the magnifier, shoot it and see. You can adjust the height by removing material or adding a spacer but there is no way to adjust the left and right that I know of.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes there are. I wasn't quite sure if those you actually compensate for the physical alignment or not.
View Quote
It is a non-issue. It can be absolutely grossly misaligned, and not have any POI shift issues, whether the dot is even centered, or not with the adjustment knobs. I have tested both physical, and adjustment misalignment so extreme the dot was barely visible due to 'scope shadow', and no POI shift presented, to a confidence level of 0.5MOA.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow that's amazing.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:47:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes, they do.  Center the dot and go to town.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It is a non-issue. It can be absolutely grossly misaligned, and not have any POI shift issues, whether the dot is even centered, or not with the adjustment knobs. I have tested both physical, and adjustment misalignment so extreme the dot was barely visible due to 'scope shadow', and no POI shift presented, to a confidence level of 0.5MOA.
View Quote
Damn, that's pretty cool.  Didn't know that.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Damn, that's pretty cool.  Didn't know that.
View Quote
I did this with a T2, other OPTICS may alter the outcome.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:47:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, mine sits behind a T2, so no worries.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 1:51:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well hopefully the sparc2 is close enough to the T2 I won't have any problems.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 1:54:26 AM EDT
[#11]
But I'm not dead set on keeping the sparc2. It's an amazing red dot for the price and a good warranty. I got it used for $75.

However if I could score an Aimpoint for a super deal I'd probably switch to that. Like a compm4 or a pro. Or a micro.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top