Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2017 2:55:37 AM EDT
Sorry if it's been asked before. How are the 3x Versions compared to Primary Arms/Vortex?

I'm really tempted because of the free Burris Fastfire they are offering.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:01:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Sorry if it's been asked before. How are the 3x Versions compared to Primary Arms/Vortex?

View Quote

You need to look at Burris vs Primary Arms reticle.  Some likes the Burris CQT reticle design better, some don't.  They are both well built IMO.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:37:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I've owned two of them. I loved the way it looked.

But after living with it. The Burris reticle is just a little useless. The outer ring is very thick. The tic marks are useless. And the illumination lacks in daylight. I found myself getting frustrated with the reticle at 100 yards. It's neat in your living room. But at the range it completely obscures the target. For me any way.

The scope kept coming loose in the factory mount no matter how much loctite. I used.

If they came out with a version 2 I'd probably buy again. Never tried the pa only because the price. The Burris seem to pop up for less than 150 fairly often.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:52:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I like it fairly well. It's definitely set up more for man sized targets and not shooting groups.  I have mine mounted in a GDI mount as they're available cheap right now.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 12:18:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I've owned/played with all three. They are all identical in quality. Cheap Chinese optics. Probably built in the same factory even. If you wear glasses, you'll be able to adjust focus on all three, which is a very nice feature. Buy the cheapest one, or the one with the freebie.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 12:51:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I just bought an AR332 prism,with the free Burris Fastfire3,from Cabela's. The jury is still out,I haven't shot with it yet. The main reason I bought is because of the FF3,and I have some astigmatism.
On that note,Cabelas has a 3x prism with a nearly identical reticle. If I just wanted the prism I would certainly consider the Cabelas brand,as it is half the price. It is a nearly identical copy of the Burris.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 1:39:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just bought an AR332 prism,with the free Burris Fastfire3,from Cabela's. The jury is still out,I haven't shot with it yet. The main reason I bought is because of the FF3,and I have some astigmatism.
On that note,Cabelas has a 3x prism with a nearly identical reticle. If I just wanted the prism I would certainly consider the Cabelas brand,as it is half the price. It is a nearly identical copy of the Burris.
View Quote
Are you saying you got the Fast Fire immediately from Cabelas without having to fill out a rebate card?
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:12:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Are you saying you got the Fast Fire immediately from Cabelas without having to fill out a rebate card?
View Quote
Yes,it comes with the fastfire3box attached to the AR332 box. Burris no longer offers the coupon for the free FF3 with purchase of one of the AR series scopes.That ended 04/30/2017 from everything I can find.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:16:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yes,it comes with the fastfire3box attached to the AR332 box. Burris no longer offers the coupon for the free FF3 with purchase of one of the AR series scopes.That ended 04/30/2017 from everything I can find.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah bummer coulda swore it was still going on. Thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:33:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You need to look at Burris vs Primary Arms reticle.  Some likes the Burris CQT reticle design better, some don't.  They are both well built IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  I looked at both and much prefered the Vortex.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 4:32:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I've owned the Spitfire 3x and currently own AR332. I prefer Burris between the two. Eyebox is disappointing with both. But less so with the Burris. I use it with the AD ACOG QD mount.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 1:46:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sent you a pm Capt. Destro
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:48:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I like it fairly well. It's definitely set up more for man sized targets and not shooting groups.  I have mine mounted in a GDI mount as they're available cheap right now.
View Quote
I have the exact same set up. My only issue is that I think I want some more magnification.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have the exact same set up. My only issue is that I think I want some more magnification.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I as well have the same setup, but an AR536 in a GDI mount. No complaints, has been beaten around alittle and still works great. I too got mine when Burris was offering the FF3 promotion.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 8:06:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've owned two of them. I loved the way it looked.

But after living with it. The Burris reticle is just a little useless. The outer ring is very thick. The tic marks are useless. And the illumination lacks in daylight. I found myself getting frustrated with the reticle at 100 yards. It's neat in your living room. But at the range it completely obscures the target. For me any way.

The scope kept coming loose in the factory mount no matter how much loctite. I used.

If they came out with a version 2 I'd probably buy again. Never tried the pa only because the price. The Burris seem to pop up for less than 150 fairly often.
View Quote
Supposedly there is a new version that has the "AR" ballistic reticle instead of the CBQ reticle found on the earlier models. There is a different part number for both the 3x and 5x version.  300217 for the 3x and 300218 for the 5x, don't think they are on the Burris website yet as I believe they won't be released until end of the month or so. Burris probably trying to run down the older stock.  That's my theory at least.

I'm waiting for them to becoming available then I'll probably jump. Like others have mentioned I'm not a huge fan of the CBQ donut, not at the current price.

Although I was tempted by the FF3 deal.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:08:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Supposedly there is a new version that has the "AR" ballistic reticle instead of the CBQ reticle found on the earlier models. There is a different part number for both the 3x and 5x version.  300217 for the 3x and 300218 for the 5x, don't think they are on the Burris website yet as I believe they won't be released until end of the month or so. Burris probably trying to run down the older stock.  That's my theory at least.

I'm waiting for them to becoming available then I'll probably jump. Like others have mentioned I'm not a huge fan of the CBQ donut, not at the current price.

Although I was tempted by the FF3 deal.
View Quote
I searched for "Burris 300217" and found this link:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1325743-REG/burris_optics_300217_3x32_ar_332_rifle_sight.html

I don't know anything about the company.

Hopefully, Burris will get this to market and run the FF3 deal with this version.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:23:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Idk if I like the new version better, seems like it's too busy for a 3x/5x CQ optic IMO. It seems like the only change they made was the reticle and threw in a cheap QD mount. Glad I have the "older" versions.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 1:02:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I searched for "Burris 300217" and found this link:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1325743-REG/burris_optics_300217_3x32_ar_332_rifle_sight.html

I don't know anything about the company.

https://static.bhphoto.com/images/images500x500/burris_optics_300217_3x32_ar_332_rifle_sight_1489594830000_1325743.jpg

Hopefully, Burris will get this to market and run the FF3 deal with this version.
View Quote
BHP Is good to go. I've used them for camera stuff in the past.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top