Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2017 9:14:54 PM EDT
Quick question.  I'm currently using a KAC Micro 200-600M adjustable rear sight with my Elcan. Unfortunately, this means I can't get the Elcan back as far as I would like.  Is there another high-quality rear sight option that will allow me to get the Elcan back one more space on the top rail?
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 10:41:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think so. I had to remove my KAC micro to use the elcan. One of the old SBR KAC uppers with the integrated buis would be perfect
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 1:00:11 AM EDT
[#2]
What's wrong with the ones on the Elcan?
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 1:20:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's wrong with the ones on the Elcan?
View Quote
I'm a traditionalist. I just want a fully functional set of irons. 
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 7:54:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Im going through the same dilemma but with the fixed 4x version. It doesn't have the backups on top. The only rear sight I think might work are the Griffin sights. They secure to the top of the rail vs through a slot. im not a big fan of the design.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 11:23:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Im going through the same dilemma but with the fixed 4x version. It doesn't have the backups on top. The only rear sight I think might work are the Griffin sights. They secure to the top of the rail vs through a slot. im not a big fan of the design.
View Quote
Has anybody tried an ARMS #40 low profile?
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 12:40:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Has anybody tried an ARMS #40 low profile?
View Quote
the ARMS #40lp fits great but does push the elcan forward (requires nose to CH).  

fatkid
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#7]
If you absolutely won't ditch the BUIS, move your rear to just in front of the Elcan.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 1:58:50 PM EDT
[#8]
MBUS Pro or Pro LR if you want the range selector.  I had to ditch my Matech that I really liked because it was too tall for my added magnifier but I'm completely happy with the MBUS Pro (steel) replacement.  Mine installed in the rearmost slot, projects aft instead of forward and the top is less than 3/8" above the pic rail.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 2:06:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you absolutely won't ditch the BUIS, move your rear to just in front of the Elcan.
View Quote
This. In an emergency situation where you have to ditch the Elcan, if you leave the large aperture up and it will work fine
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 4:50:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Or get a set of KAC offset sights.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 9:29:38 PM EDT
[#11]
double tap
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Did a little research and it looks like the Samson BUIS gets you an extra slot, but I have no idea if they are any good. 

Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Did a little research and it looks like the Samson BUIS gets you an extra slot, but I have no idea if they are any good. 
View Quote
Looking at Samson's site they list rear sights that are "Standard Dual Aperture" and "Same Plane Aperture".

I am assuming my Colt 6920 that has the original FSB would use the standard while my other rifle with the URXII that has the built in front flip up sight would use the same plane.

Would this be correct?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 12:50:24 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a better idea, a red dot on top of the ELCAN

Link Posted: 6/21/2017 8:09:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Looking at Samson's site they list rear sights that are "Standard Dual Aperture" and "Same Plane Aperture".

I am assuming my Colt 6920 that has the original FSB would use the standard while my other rifle with the URXII that has the built in front flip up sight would use the same plane.

Would this be correct?
View Quote
Standard FSP or flip up should be same height... I like the same plane aps myself. The apertures tend to be a lil bigger(in my XS sights atleast), helps me in lower light. YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 8:21:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Would this be correct?
View Quote
"Standard Dual Aperture" means it has a 200m large peep and 300m small peep. If you zero the small peep at a different distance, you will have to figure out what distance the large peep is for. "Same Plane Aperture" means both peeps are zeroed for the same distance.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:19:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Im sure the Bobro rear lowrider sight would work. I have an Elcan on the way and will let you know once it gets here.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:29:26 PM EDT
[#18]
I had used with my ELCANs: Magpul polymer, Magpul steel, Troy, Diamondhead, Midwest Industries SPLP (not the regular ones) rear sights.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top