Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2017 3:52:43 PM EDT
I have been researching to find out what 30mm tube mount pattern a Leupold Deltapoint pro will fit onto?

I have researched this for a week and I cannot find anything other than amounts for pistols in most of my searches.

I already have 2 30mm tube mounts for the Burris fastfire lll's and Trijicon RMR's and I'm wondering if any of these patterns might fit the Delta point?

A 45° offset is out of the question and it must go on the scope tube. I am also not interested in mounting it on the hand guards either.

I found a couple of mounts that supposedly fit the old Delta point but I read somewhere that the new Deltapoint Pro's have a different mounting pattern then the old models?

One company that makes amount called the Juggermount https://jtactical.com/products/4 says "It should fit" but they don't sound too sure. Anyone have one of these?

The Juggermount really intrigues me.

GG&G also have a 30mm tube mount that state it fits a Deltapoint, but I believe it's the older model also.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:11:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't you get a picatinny rail mount for it and then get a picatinny rail for your rings?  I guess it depends on if your rings have that option, like ARMS do.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:58:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't you get a picatinny rail mount for it and then get a picatinny rail for your rings?  I guess it depends on if your rings have that option, like ARMS do.
View Quote
Thanks JJREA.

I forgot to mention it's in a Geissele Super Precision mount. They don't have any picatinny top rings right now. I would love to see some of those come out one day.

These mounts are a work of art and the most precise I have ever owned. You could almost just finger tighten the rings and the crossbolts and the scope isn't going nowhere. There is no fore and aft movement either like most mounts of this style but I will digress.

I have seen some of the 30mm picatinny rings but they look really cheaply made. Just about all of the ones I have researched and found on the Internet are usually cheap Chinese made. I tried a weaver a while back with another setup and sent it right back to OP it was so cheap looking and uneven in the ring tolerance. I was too chicken-shit to clamp that one down on my nice scope tube.

The crossbolt mount that Leupold sells is one option I guess but it will raise up the MRDS even more and I'm trying to avoid that.

I should be getting the Deltapoint pro by Thurs and will see weather it will fit my RMR or Fastfire lll 30mm mount. Fingers crossed.

I may even try that Juggermount as long as I can send it back to them if it doesn't work.

Thought maybe there were others who may have had the same dilemma as me and could steer me in the right direction.

IMHO Larue has one of the best options with the LT137 ring but I am far more impressed with these Geissele mounts than anything I have ever tried. I'm having a hard time wanting to part with it. I even started to put them up on the EE and go back to the Larue but I just couldn't bring myself to do it

I may try again as I do have an LT745 already and a LT137 ring right at my disposal. I know stupid me
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 4:42:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Why is a 45 degree mount out of the question? It is always the better choice vs a tube mount.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 4:43:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Deleted double post
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:21:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why is a 45 degree mount out of the question? It is always the better choice vs a tube mount.
View Quote
I disagree that is is the better choice.

With it mounted on the 45° the optic blocks allot of your view to the opposite side.

Mounted up on the tube gives me a better peripheral view left to right and it can Be acquired a lot easier when firing from the weak hand side or other awkward positions.

Readjusting my cheek weld has never been a big deal for me either. It's not really that much. YMMV

+ If I do end up being able to use the Juggermount and have it mounted to the left of the tube I would just have to tilt into my left eye without moving my cheek weld and I still have a full left to right unobstructed view.

+ I don't have the rail space left to do it even if I wanted to, and I don't want to mount it on the hand guard and count on it holding a zero +  right where I would need to mount it is where I have a mount for my brass catcher when I need that.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 9:28:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Update.

The company that sells the Juggermount is a complete joke and I didn't end up getting that one, but I did find out the Deltapoint Pro is the same pattern as the J-point just in case anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:50:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 9:59:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Had one and didn't like it.

Not too fond of the LT mounts anymore.

Switched to all Geissele super precision mounts.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 11:02:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Pardon me sir for attempting to answer your question, and suggesting such inferior equipment.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 11:02:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Pardon me sir for attempting to answer your question, and suggesting such inferior equipment.
View Quote
Sorry forgot to say thanks anyway.

I don't remember where I said the words inferior?

I just said I wasn't too fond of them anymore.

I don't see how that was insulting you?

If it did I apologize..
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 11:04:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Double post
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 11:06:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Triple post this site is getting retarded.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:33:55 AM EDT
[#13]
What did you not like about the LT-137?
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:59:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What did you not like about the LT-137?
View Quote
I didn't like that it sat so straight up and down and off to the side if that makes any sense.

I like them more at an angle, because they seem to be more closer to being parallel to the bore.

I don't really want to get into why I don't like LT mounts anymore. Seems to draw a lot of unwanted attention.

I thought that it would be one of my favorite setups but it didn't end up working out that way and I'm going back to a 30mm tube mount.

Everybody's different.

I think the juggermount would've been ideal because I could have angled it just perfect.

Kind of a long story but I just got a shady feeling from that company and did not want to deal with them and am now waiting for my refund.

Once again sorry if it didn't seem like I appreciated your option.

I seem to recall that you yourself did not like that position either and eventually moved it down to the rail piece on the hand guard?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top