Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2017 12:55:29 PM EDT
Thinking of taking advantage of the buyback. Apparently it has to have been made after 2005.....I'm not sure if my is or not. Is the manufacture date on the sight? I havent removed the sight to look on the underside, I dont want to find out its not and have to go through the hassle of rezeroing it again!

Is there an easy way to find the manufacture date?
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:00:15 PM EDT
[#1]
it's on the bottom next to the serial number
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:01:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Date is printed clearly on the underside. But you don't want to unmount.  So how to best guess at date with no other information?  You know when you bought it? Any idea on the model?  Pretty broad date range here and I think it goes back to the beginning of Eotechs (551/552 models).

7. HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE A HOLOGRAPHIC WEAPON SIGHT DESCRIBED IN QUESTION 5 THAT IS SUBJECT TO THIS LAWSUIT?

Answer:  All HWS manufactured by EOTech between January 1, 2005, and November 1, 2016, and purchased or otherwise acquired (such as by gift) on or before the February 15, 2017 are included.  The date of manufacture is found on the underside of the HWS.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:33:43 PM EDT
[#3]
You have to take it off. What model is it?
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 3:05:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You have to take it off. What model is it?
View Quote
This. Take it off, assuming its not on a QD mount, remount with about same amount of torque and it won't take long to rezero; not a big deal imo.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 3:44:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I pulled it. Rezeroing isnt *that* big of a deal. March 2007. Looks like I'm eligible. I also now have an excuse to go shooting this weekend. 
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top