Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2017 9:53:33 PM EDT
Folks

I'm looking at currently purchasing the Trijicon ACOG 4x32 LED TA02.  I'm currently running a Vortex Spitfire 3X.  I like with the LED that you can change your brightness.  I've heard that the Tritum has some washout issues??  

Can any of you that have used or own this model give me some good reviews?  Also, if you have experience with any of the other 4x32's I'd love to hear them.  My other concern will be the toughness of the LED as well.

Thanks in advance!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:35:20 AM EDT
[#1]
You can adjust the brightness on tritium acogs easily.

Get a piece of electrical tape and place it over the light collector on top. Roll the tape back if it's too dim, roll the tape forward if it's too bright.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:07:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can adjust the brightness on tritium acogs easily.

Get a piece of electrical tape and place it over the light collector on top. Roll the tape back if it's too dim, roll the tape forward if it's too bright.
View Quote
bicycle innertube
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:20:43 PM EDT
[#3]
i had a ta02. great scope and typical trijicon quality. i just couldnt see the cross hair reticle anymore without eye glasses since my astigmatism got worse.  

best thing i liked was the ability to run the RMR farther forward and it didnt hit my hat brim.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:49:55 PM EDT
[#4]
You fellas be confused.
The tritium isn't adjustable nor does it wash out. You're thinking of the fiber optic cable which illuminates the reticle using ambient light. (Day time). Tritium is a radioactive substance in the scope itself that fairly dimly illuminates the reticle in low light conditions.

Anyways OP to answer your question, ACOGs are bomb proof and I highly doubt you'd have an issue with even the LED model. I'd still recommend a TA31 over it though as the lack of batteries is one of the pro's that makes an ACOG as awesome as it is. But any ACOG is better than no ACOG so there's that.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:51:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a TA31 and love it. I am not sure where you heard the reticle gets washed out but it does not. The reticle is sometimes almost too bright when the sun is shining on you. Otherwise it is just fine.

I love the fact it does not need batteries. I tried a different model ACOG I got on a sale. The eye relief was terrible and I hated it. I forget the model but it was a 3x unit.

As a matter of fact later today I am going to the range with my new to me TA110 on a 308 AR. This one takes batteries and if I did not get it in a trade I would not have this model. I still may sell it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a TA31 and love it. I am not sure where you heard the reticle gets washed out but it does not. The reticle is sometimes almost too bright when the sun is shining on you. Otherwise it is just fine.

I love the fact it does not need batteries. I tried a different model ACOG I got on a sale. The eye relief was terrible and I hated it. I forget the model but it was a 3x unit.

As a matter of fact later today I am going to the range with my new to me TA110 on a 308 AR. This one takes batteries and if I did not get it in a trade I would not have this model. I still may sell it.
View Quote
I had a TA02 crosshair.  Nice optic and I would have kept it if it had the horseshoe or chevron reticle.

As for the reticle washing out with a TA31 BAC, I've experienced this when shooting from a covered firing line on overcast days.  The green or red illumination when dim does blend into foliage in my neck of the country during the fall.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:32:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Folks

I'm looking at currently purchasing the Trijicon ACOG 4x32 LED TA02.  I'm currently running a Vortex Spitfire 3X.  I like with the LED that you can change your brightness.  I've heard that the Tritum has some washout issues??  
View Quote
The model you are talking about (TA02) does not have any problems with the Tritium washing out under any situations.  Mainly because that specific model doesn't have any tritium.  It is LED/battery Powered only.

As others have mentioned the Acog line is EXTREMELY durable and will almost certainly outlast any person.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top