Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2017 9:11:24 PM EDT
I've always had scopes on my AR's, but yesterday I went out with my 15-22 that has a Bushnell TRS-25 on it that I enjoy and want to spend some tax money.

Current AR's have 3-9x scopes on them so I wanna try something new. The TRS-25 is the only optic I have that's not a scope or iron sights. TRS-25 has an 25mm objective which is probably as small as I'd go.

I love the ability to find a target quickly and clearly, so that's why I'm in the market for a nice red dot (or a low magnified optic) for my 5.56 AR.

Suggestions? Budget is $500 or less.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:26:44 PM EDT
[#1]
i have a vortex sparc ar.  lifetime warranty, good glass,a nd pretty tough

torture test
http://www.trucksandguns.com/vortex-optics-sparc-ar/
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:02:04 PM EDT
[#2]
My response is gonna be a little boring but with $500 you could go a couple different routes.  On EE you can get a used Aimpoint T1 or maybe an H2.  For a new one, Aimpoint Pro would be a solid choice or maybe a Trijicon MRO.  I bought an MRO but sold it - seemed magnified and I couldn't get used to it.

I currently run a Primary Arms Advanced Micro that has 50,000 hour battery life and i'm happy with it so far especially for the price.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top