Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/19/2017 9:38:16 PM EDT
Like many people here, I have several firearms, and several optics.  Some guns have more than one optic.  I'm looking to find a way to label my optics that doesn't look like trash.  Ex. "LMT 100yd zero" or "AA piston 25yd zero".  

Obviously, I can use a marker and masking tape, but I'm looking for something a little cleaner.  Any good ideas?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:16:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Label maker, Like the kind you can buy at Office max.

can use it for lots of stuff.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:49:52 AM EDT
[#2]
If you use lens covers, you can label them inside the cap.  That is where I put my ballistic dope on a lot of my scopes.

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:17:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you use lens covers, you can label them inside the cap.  That is where I put my ballistic dope on a lot of my scopes.

https://s20.postimg.org/9tpzeurct/MTAC_012.jpg
View Quote

What brand of scope covers do you use?  I tried the Butler Creek brand several years ago, and was unimpressed. 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:46:13 AM EDT
[#4]
My wife must have a 1000 colored Sharpies,  what I do is I get one of her fine tip silver markers mark under the base, give each one a number and in a book record the rifle and T slot, zero and ammo for each rifle serial number, as I have some rifles built exactly alike.

Just a suggestion.

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:35:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My wife must have a 1000 colored Sharpies,  what I do is I get one of her fine tip silver markers mark under the base, give each one a number and in a book record the rifle and T slot, zero and ammo for each rifle serial number, as I have some rifles built exactly alike.

Just a suggestion.

View Quote
That's not a bad idea.  I'll probably do that a create a spreadsheet.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:50:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What brand of scope covers do you use?  I tried the Butler Creek brand several years ago, and was unimpressed. 
View Quote

AAD mount scope caps. They're sized right, made of a much better material, and lock on good. They'll set you back but well worth the cost over butler creek.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:08:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

AAD mount scope caps. They're sized right, made of a much better material, and lock on good. They'll set you back but well worth the cost over butler creek.
View Quote
Thanks. I'll check them out.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:41:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Like many people here, I have several firearms, and several optics.  Some guns have more than one optic.  I'm looking to find a way to label my optics that doesn't look like trash.  Ex. "LMT 100yd zero" or "AA piston 25yd zero".  

Obviously, I can use a marker and masking tape, but I'm looking for something a little cleaner.  Any good ideas?
View Quote

First World Problems.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top