Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2017 8:21:23 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I did not really read into the whole Eotech thing in detail, but what i gathered was the main problem was thermal shift in cold temperatures or something of the like. Were there other common issues with them?  I live in FL, and my gun is a HD rifle, would an Eotech still be a viable option for me or is there more to the story as to why I should not get one?  What would the most updated / latest released model be out of all the ones they offer?

I am aware of the Vortex UH-1 coming out, but id rather have the Eotech if the thermal drift issue would not pertain to 40-100 degree weather

EDIT: NEVERMIND THIS THREAD - I didnt know about the whole delamination thing
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:40:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I've owned several eotechs starting with the 512 on up to models a few years old. I really liked them and never had issues with any of them.  I run t1's now because of size and weight and mount options. Will switch to the t2 the second I find one used in great condition at an affordable price. If I didn't care about weight I'd still be running eotechs.  Love the view and reticle.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 1:06:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I take my chances, I like the EOTech reticle too much to switch to something else. Seems every vendor is either "Heres a dot" or "Heres a super busy reticle with horseshoes, bullet drop, windage, a cool light and some magnification". Which is fine, but I like really like the EOtech design with the large circle for fast acquisition and the center dot for slightly more fine work and an NV setting.

In my opinion though for a HD rifle the biggest hold back to a EOTech is the battery issue. I have an older model, I dont know if they fixed it in the newer models but the older ones were hell on batteries. If I had to have a HD optic I'd probably go Aimpoint. 
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 2:00:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I find the reticle blurry and busy but am used to Aimpoint.  They aren't out of the question but I wouldn't touch one.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:46:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for chiming in guys............I already have a T2 on the rifle, I just really like the Eotech reticle...........May wind up giving the Vortex a try once some regular reviews trickle in on them
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:09:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a nex xps3 and had to send it back the reticle was up in the 3 o'clock position looking down my irons and wouldn't move. all good tho optics planet is sending me another one, I live in maine and it was a cold week when it got shipped to me so maybe that f*cked it up
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top