BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/16/2017 12:53:48 AM EDT
These should be making it into public hands at this point. Anyone have any reports on reticle brightness/glass quality/eyebox/1x fov?

I should have one on monday to report on!

Let the discussion begin!
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:22:58 AM EDT
[#1]
curious as well, imagine it will be similar to SWFA and primary arms platinum series.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:46:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you! I've been looking for information of the same thing. I don't seem to be any reviews out there.    Which is, not necessarily a good sign.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 2:06:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah i have wanted one prettu badly but have held out since there is absolutely no information out there about hands on experience.  They have been out since December.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Bueller, Bueller, Bueller?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:51:54 PM EDT
[#5]
No one owns the scope?  Really?   Any help would be appreciated.   They are on sale at DSG right now .
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:45:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Buy one.  
Don't mount it.
Then you can return if you don't like it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buy one.  
Don't mount it.
Then you can return if you don't like it.
View Quote

Just be forewarned, that if you buy it from optics planet and don't like it and send it back,, don't expect to see your refund for 2-3 weeks.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Vortex Razor money for an optic from the company that continued to sell their holographic sights even while they knew that they had major design flaws that could lead to significant zero shift or complete failure of the optic?

No thanks.

Buy a Razor or a Steiner T5Xi, thank me later.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Vortex Razor money for an optic from the company that continued to sell their holographic sights even while they knew that they had major design flaws that could lead to significant zero shift or complete failure of the optic?

No thanks.

View Quote

Soo, you don't have any experience with the VUDU, or anything else to contribute to this discussion?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:46:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Soo, you don't have any experience with the VUDU, or anything else to contribute to this discussion?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No thanks.

If you want to spend your money to beta test for a company with questionable ethics and a lackluster record of quality, be my guest!
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:18:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If you want to spend your money to beta test for a company with questionable ethics and a lackluster record of quality, be my guest!
View Quote

Dont crap in his thread, this isnt GD. Its a technical discussion
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:49:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Then let's keep it technical.

Technically, L3 are admitted criminals, demonstrably willing to commit fraud against the US Government.

They are fortunate their case was handled so gently. Technically speaking.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:51:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been eyeing the 3.5-18x for a while. Looks great, but nobody local has any of the new line I can put my hands on.

The 1-6 is $1035 shipped on DVOR right now.

..and lol @ there always being "that guy" in an eotech thread.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:47:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Theres one in EE...
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:22:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Technically, L3 are admitted criminals, demonstrably willing to commit fraud against the US Government.

View Quote

Technically, our government is criminal too.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 3:28:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Placeholder because I am considering on checking out the 2.5-10x44 model.

Not 100% sure yet, but if I do get one I'll put up a little review here when it comes in.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 6:57:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Please do.  Really looking at one, but need at least one review.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 12:31:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Please do.  Really looking at one, but need at least one review.
View Quote

Said f#%k it and found one for $1159 at Universalmania. They usually go for $1499 everywhere I looked.

Was the last one they had on sale. They have some great prices there on optics sometimes. Lets see how they do on shipping?

I'll post when I get it.

Did as much research as I could until 3am and didn't see any negative except 1 review where the poster mentioned the turrets on the 1-6x were a little too easy to move.

They seem to be built pretty tough otherwise judging by the weight of the 2.5-10x model.

Japan built glass.

Good zero stop design on the 2.5-10 from what I looked in their tutorial video.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Great! Looking forward to it. I will pick one up if you have good impression.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 9:41:15 PM EDT
[#20]
I like the reticle changing based on X.  I wonder if other brands sights do this?

I put this on my "watch list".  

mm
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 10:49:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Got the shipping notice today.

Should have it by Wed or Thurs.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:13:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Got the shipping notice today.

Should have it by Wed or Thurs.
View Quote

Tagged for info.  

You buy all the good optics!  Anxious to hear the feedback on the scope
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:23:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I like the reticle changing based on X.  I wonder if other brands sights do this?

I put this on my "watch list".  

mm
View Quote

VCOGs are similar.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:23:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Tagged for info.  

View Quote

Yeah I know it's a bad an expensive habit.

I tell my family all the time that at least I'm not spending it on crack or something.

I should have never bought good glass in the first place because I was happy with some of my lower $3-$600 priced optics until I bought a Vortex Razor 1-6x, and that was the end

Of course I don't feel too bad, because there are some members here who spend some disgusting amounts of money trying out optics, but there's nothing wrong with that because if I get the money I'm going to do the same thing.

I tried to break the cycle a couple of times by selling off a couple of my higher-end optics and buying something like a Burris mtac or a lower end Vortex so I could pocket a few bucks.

I kept trying to tell myself "yeah these are pretty close optically" but that didn't last long.

The 2.5-10x44 is looking really good like it might be something I could really dig.

I really wanted to try to wait for the Vortex PST gen ll 2-10x32 but I'm thinking the Vudu is going to have a more forgiving exit pupil with the larger 44mm objective.

Even though it wasn't a really high dollar optic my ultimate favorite has always been the first generation PST 2.5-10x32.

I'm thinking the Vudu with its Japan made glass and larger objective could end up being a keeper for me.

Another one of my all-time favorites which I actually regret selling and am looking for another one was the Vortex Razor gen ll 1-6x24.

I am really digging my new Vortex PST gen ll 3-15x44, and that is probably going to go on my bolt gun. It started out on my AR, but I feel like it is just a little bit too much magnification for what I need on that rifle. For still being made in the Philippines the glass on that thing is leaps above the gen 1 4-16x I had and it's probably going to be a keeper in my little family of optics.

If this Vudu works out and I can find another deal on the vortex razor I should hopefully be content for a while.

If that doesn't end up working out, I am really really impressed with my Burris 1-8x24 34mm and will probably just end up keeping that.

I do go through optics like underwear, but I have to admit that I get a lot of enjoyment out of trying different optics that I've never had before and it's especially interesting to try something new every now and then.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 3:25:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Got the Vudu in today.

This first post will be out of the box and first impressions of it.

Comes with basically all the same goodies, that Vortex sent me with my new PST gen ll 3-15x44, with a sunshade included.

Flipped it over and it does read made in Japan, so good Japanese glass as was expected from my research.

This thing feels like it is built like a tank. I can feel just from handling it and knocking on the tube it would compare to thicker tubed Burris's and Nightforce's I have owned before.

As long as the internals are solidly built, I don't think there should be much of a problem as far as durability goes with this thing.

I'm going to assume this might have been built by LOW/ light optics Works Japan?

It seems that most of the good scopes with good glass that don't come from Germany are made from this company. I have read where some companies like Vortex with their Razor will disassemble them when they get them from LOW Japan and rebuild them with American parts and the only thing that is left from light optics is the glass and the tube. Not 100%  though as it is something I just read at snipers hide one time.

I imagine each company can pretty much spec out their optics from this company to whatever price point they are looking for.

But I digress.

Like I said this thing feels solid like it is built like a tank, and the glass is phenomenal when just looking through it from my balcony outside on this bright sunny day .

The turrets feel the same stiffness as any gen 1 PST model that I have owned in the past, with  positive audible clicks

I do not see any CA and color contrast is excellent. Everything seems crisp from edge to edge in all magnifications. If you're someone that is going for lightweight this might not be the one for you as it is 27 oz, hence why I feel it is built like a tank.

I don't have a decent digital camera so for now the pics are just coming from my Samsung galaxy S4, and are about as clear as it's going to get. I'm hoping I can get to the range with it this weekend and maybe I can take some crappy picsLooking through it down range if I can get the hold steady enough.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I do have a couple of pics looking through at the reticle with the illumination turned on and while it may look pretty decently bright in these pics this is just inside with the scope pointed down at the inside of the dark foam from the box it came in.

It is definitely not daylight bright but you can notice  a maroon-ish tint  to the reticle when looking outside in the sunlight.  This never bothered me and when I owned the Vortex PST gen 1 2.5-10x32 It was pretty much the same brightness and that didn't bother me either.

I was able to still pick up the reticle very quickly (BAC) from about 7 to 10 yards and out on its lowest 2.5 setting.

I feel it should be the same speed with this optic.

Eye relief  on this is really close to the Vortex PST gen 1 at 3.5-4.1" To me it feels more close to 4".

Something else I noted with this is that the objective (eyebox?) outer rim thickness becomes pretty thin kind like my Vortex Razor I used to have and obstructs way less field of view around the outside than other optics in this same magnification that I have tried. Even at its highest magnification of 10x. I think it even exceeds the vortex PST 2.5-10x eyebox.

Now the only thing Is the field of view is a little bit less according to the EOTech specs then the Vortex PST which is 10.9 ft at 100 vs the Eotech which is 10.2 ft at 100 on their full magnification. I thought the EOTech would have a larger field of view being it has a 44 mm objective vs Vortex's 32mm, but of course it may still have more out in the real world being these are just specs from each manufacturer's website. Or I may have no idea what I'm talking about

All in all I am very happy with this optic and its clarity and features.

All I have to hope for now is that everything works on it and there are no defects once I get out and start sending some rounds downrange with it. I can be kind of flaky sometimes when it comes to keeping optics around or selling them Seems like I'm always looking for the perfect combination, but I'm really digging it so far and it is right up my alley of what I want on this particular AR.

Like I stated before one of my ultimate favorites was always the vortex PST 2.5 – 10 X 32. This one just seems to far exceeded it as far as durability and optical clarity goes. For me (YMMV), it is the perfect  magnification and eye relief for kind of a do it all rifle.

So if you are like me and the vortex PST 2.5-10x32 has been one of your favorites since it came out, this may be something with better quality glass and more durability that you could enjoy. Especially if you don't want to wait another few months for the new Vortex gen ll 2-10x to come out.

Judging from the outstanding glass clarity on my new Vortex PST Gen ll 3-15x44 I have to say that it does get pretty close to the Japan Vudu glass and if you would rather wait for the vortex, I feel most are also going to be pretty happy with that one also at it's lower price point..YMMV of course. If I have funds available when that one does finally come out I may get it and try it to compare.

That is all I have for now unless I think of something else that I may have missed in my review and here are a couple of pics of the lit reticle on its lowest and highest magnification along with another pic of it mounted up on a rifle.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 5:20:15 PM EDT
[#26]
I have a 1x6 and so far I am happy with it. I wanted a FFP scope and all other scopes I checked used the main reticle for all power ranges. On 1x it was very difficult to see the reticle at all.

This scope has the outer ring that is perfect for 1x and then is out of view when up on 6x.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 5:33:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I have a 1x6 and so far I am happy with it. I wanted a FFP scope and all other scopes I checked used the main reticle for all power ranges. On 1x it was very difficult to see the reticle at all.

This scope has the outer ring that is perfect for 1x and then is out of view when up on 6x.
View Quote

Yes after checking this one out  I am seriously considering that one.

I miss that EOTech reticle and due to my astigmatism I can't really do rds anymore plus I also can't bring myself to trust the EOTech holo site after all the complaints with it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 6:56:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Thank you for the review!
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 12:37:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I tell my family all the time that at least I'm not spending it on crack or something.

I should have never bought good glass in the first place because I was happy with some of my lower $3-$600 priced optics until I bought a Vortex Razor 1-6x, and that was the end

Of course I don't feel too bad, because there are some members here who spend some disgusting amounts of money trying out optics, but there's nothing wrong with that because if I get the money I'm going to do the same thing.

I tried to break the cycle a couple of times by selling off a couple of my higher-end optics and buying something like a Burris mtac or a lower end Vortex so I could pocket a few bucks.

I kept trying to tell myself "yeah these are pretty close optically" but that didn't last long.

The 2.5-10x44 is looking really good like it might be something I could really dig.

I really wanted to try to wait for the Vortex PST gen ll 2-10x32 but I'm thinking the Vudu is going to have a more forgiving exit pupil with the larger 44mm objective.

Even though it wasn't a really high dollar optic my ultimate favorite has always been the first generation PST 2.5-10x32.

I'm thinking the Vudu with its Japan made glass and larger objective could end up being a keeper for me.

Another one of my all-time favorites which I actually regret selling and am looking for another one was the Vortex Razor gen ll 1-6x24.

I am really digging my new Vortex PST gen ll 3-15x44, and that is probably going to go on my bolt gun. It started out on my AR, but I feel like it is just a little bit too much magnification for what I need on that rifle. For still being made in the Philippines the glass on that thing is leaps above the gen 1 4-16x I had and it's probably going to be a keeper in my little family of optics.

If this Vudu works out and I can find another deal on the vortex razor I should hopefully be content for a while.

If that doesn't end up working out, I am really really impressed with my Burris 1-8x24 34mm and will probably just end up keeping that.

I do go through optics like underwear, but I have to admit that I get a lot of enjoyment out of trying different optics that I've never had before and it's especially interesting to try something new every now and then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tagged for info.  

Ain't nothing wrong with that!  : )   I don't get to purchase near as much as I would like simply because I want to stay married, LOL, but that's a good thing for my bank account I suppose.  My wife is very tolerant though, with the multiple "this is the one" purchases I've made lately hahah.  I was looking at the Vortex PST gen ll 2-10x32, it's certainly got my attention.  But I may wind up going with something else.  There's so many good options when it comes to optics these days.  Personally, I want to find something in the 2-10 or 3-9 range to stick on my ADM UIC.  Running a 1-4 Accupower on there now and I need a little more power for my aging eyes.  It's an incredibly accurate rifle so I want to be able to push it to its full capability, and right now my eyes are a big limiting factor.  This EoTech VUDU does look really attractive for a 1-6, but I'm kinda thinking I need a bit more power just because I feel my 1-4 Accupower isn't quite cutting it.  Maybe a 1-8 would be my sweet spot - who knows.  

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what you wind up with so I can read your impressions in an effort to make my own informed decisions.  Best of luck in your purchases!
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 1:33:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Looks and sounds nice. The 1-6 has my interest.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 11:51:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Ain't nothing wrong with that!  : )   I don't get to purchase near as much as I would like simply because I want to stay married, LOL, but that's a good thing for my bank account I suppose.  My wife is very tolerant though, with the multiple "this is the one" purchases I've made lately hahah.  I was looking at the Vortex PST gen ll 2-10x32, it's certainly got my attention.  But I may wind up going with something else.  There's so many good options when it comes to optics these days.  Personally, I want to find something in the 2-10 or 3-9 range to stick on my ADM UIC.  Running a 1-4 Accupower on there now and I need a little more power for my aging eyes.  It's an incredibly accurate rifle so I want to be able to push it to its full capability, and right now my eyes are a big limiting factor.  This EoTech VUDU does look really attractive for a 1-6, but I'm kinda thinking I need a bit more power just because I feel my 1-4 Accupower isn't quite cutting it.  Maybe a 1-8 would be my sweet spot - who knows.  

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what you wind up with so I can read your impressions in an effort to make my own informed decisions.  Best of luck in your purchases!
View Quote

I'm in the same situation with aging eyes, and rds just don't cut the mustard for me anymore.  They're ok going out to 100 yards and maybe some HD, but I am really digging this new Eotech  Vudu.

Check out the Burris 1-8x24 34mm also as it is a phenomenal scope with Japan made glass. I put one up here for sale on the EE because I felt I needed a little bit more magnification for working up my hand loads.

Unfortunately it's on its way back  to Burris and I had to cancel the sale that I made. Because like a dork I dropped it while checking it over which actually was a good thing because there was a few little black particles on the lens probably from the manufacturing process. This does happen quite often and it's not at all deterring me from Burris is a company.  

They have a stellar warranty like vortex and will probably take good care of me.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 12:36:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

How bright is the 1-6 outside on a normal day?

Is it like the pic posted above?
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 4:51:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Yeah, no issues at all with daylight.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

My personal opinion is a 1-8 is where you start to enter the area of diminishing returns over the weight penalty of more magnification for a 16" carbine. I think 6x on the LPVs is about right for 500 yard rifles. 
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 1:05:55 PM EDT
[#35]
I looked at the specs on this scope.   SR-1 is MRAD and the clicks are .2 MRAD.  This is good for making fast turret adjustments from 100m to 1000m.    .2 is .72" per click at 100.   Given this do you think you can zero the sight to a perfect bulls eye POI?

The SR-2 & SR-3 is MOA but the reticle is a little "busy".

mm
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 1:15:44 PM EDT
[#36]
The Finns use .2 MRAD dials on TRGs in 338 out to a mile.

On a carbine with a normal shooter the .72" will be lost in the typical group size.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:59:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Any more pictures / reviews on the 1-6x? I'm probably going to grab one with the 5.56 reticle next month. I dig EOTech's holosight reticle, but I can't run RDS due to astigmatism and nearsightedness... you can't hit what you can't see. This seems like an infinitely better solution than the Mark AR 1.5-3.9x I'm running on my RECCE-14 right now, other than the weight and cost factor. I'm sort of a minimalist and this will add 14 ounces beyond my current setup to the top of my rifle, which turns my stomach a little. It's worth the weight as long as it does what the Leupold doesn't do, and that's allow speed on target inside of 25 yards and allow for quicker and more accurate shot placement beyond 200 yards.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:21:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

My personal opinion is a 1-8 is where you start to enter the area of diminishing returns over the weight penalty of more magnification for a 16" carbine. I think 6x on the LPVs is about right for 500 yard rifles. 
View Quote
I kind of disagree. As many people out there lugging around the boat anchor vortex 1-6, I think that many lighter 1-8's are very viable. I'm just waiting on one with a usable reticle sub-$3k
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:23:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I looked at the specs on this scope.   SR-1 is MRAD and the clicks are .2 MRAD.  This is good for making fast turret adjustments from 100m to 1000m.    .2 is .72" per click at 100.   Given this do you think you can zero the sight to a perfect bulls eye POI?

The SR-2 & SR-3 is MOA but the reticle is a little "busy".

mm
View Quote
Zero it low and left bias. That will cover spin drift and the fact that many people overestimate range vs. under. 0.2mil adj. is fine for most real world uses that a 1x-? LPV is used for.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:47:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you know that 99% of corporations are shady and have all done criminal BS? Im willing to bet you own plenty of products from companies with questionable ethics. They all lie, they all cheat, they all break laws. As previously stated by another, our government is even worse.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:22:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Did you know that 99% of corporations are shady and have all done criminal BS? Im willing to bet you own plenty of products from companies with questionable ethics. They all lie, they all cheat, they all break laws. As previously stated by another, our government is even worse.
View Quote
Regardless, I'll bite. Just because Bob's morals offend me, I won't buy Sam's inferior product to spite Bob's superior one, if it's my ass that's going to be using it! I'm not quite sure what this says about me as a person, but it does say I have what I believe is the best tool-set for the occasion, and that's what I'm concerned with. When you're in that deer stand and it's getting dusk, you probably care more about making the shot than who you spited when you bought the scope 3 years ago. When you hear that window break downstairs, you're probably more worried about whether or not you can trust that magazine to feed properly than about who's toes you stepped on when you made the decision to dump all of "Brand X's" magazines because of whatever, is kindof my point.

I remain curious about the 1-6, but I'm picky, and have been disappointed by a lot of "good" 1-6's, so I'm waiting until I can either handle one, or there is a preponderance of reviews.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 6:55:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Got the Vudu in today.

This first post will be out of the box and first impressions of it.

Comes with basically all the same goodies, that Vortex sent me with my new PST gen ll 3-15x44, with a sunshade included.

Flipped it over and it does read made in Japan, so good Japanese glass as was expected from my research.

This thing feels like it is built like a tank. I can feel just from handling it and knocking on the tube it would compare to thicker tubed Burris's and Nightforce's I have owned before.

As long as the internals are solidly built, I don't think there should be much of a problem as far as durability goes with this thing.

I'm going to assume this might have been built by LOW/ light optics Works Japan?

It seems that most of the good scopes with good glass that don't come from Germany are made from this company. I have read where some companies like Vortex with their Razor will disassemble them when they get them from LOW Japan and rebuild them with American parts and the only thing that is left from light optics is the glass and the tube. Not 100%  though as it is something I just read at snipers hide one time.

I imagine each company can pretty much spec out their optics from this company to whatever price point they are looking for.

But I digress.

Like I said this thing feels solid like it is built like a tank, and the glass is phenomenal when just looking through it from my balcony outside on this bright sunny day .

The turrets feel the same stiffness as any gen 1 PST model that I have owned in the past, with  positive audible clicks

I do not see any CA and color contrast is excellent. Everything seems crisp from edge to edge in all magnifications. If you're someone that is going for lightweight this might not be the one for you as it is 27 oz, hence why I feel it is built like a tank.

I don't have a decent digital camera so for now the pics are just coming from my Samsung galaxy S4, and are about as clear as it's going to get. I'm hoping I can get to the range with it this weekend and maybe I can take some crappy picsLooking through it down range if I can get the hold steady enough.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/133585/20170308-123035-resized-161596.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/133585/20170308-123053-resized-161597.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/133585/20170308-123150-resized-161598.JPG

I do have a couple of pics looking through at the reticle with the illumination turned on and while it may look pretty decently bright in these pics this is just inside with the scope pointed down at the inside of the dark foam from the box it came in.

It is definitely not daylight bright but you can notice  a maroon-ish tint  to the reticle when looking outside in the sunlight.  This never bothered me and when I owned the Vortex PST gen 1 2.5-10x32 It was pretty much the same brightness and that didn't bother me either.

I was able to still pick up the reticle very quickly (BAC) from about 7 to 10 yards and out on its lowest 2.5 setting.

I feel it should be the same speed with this optic.

Eye relief  on this is really close to the Vortex PST gen 1 at 3.5-4.1" To me it feels more close to 4".

Something else I noted with this is that the objective (eyebox?) outer rim thickness becomes pretty thin kind like my Vortex Razor I used to have and obstructs way less field of view around the outside than other optics in this same magnification that I have tried. Even at its highest magnification of 10x. I think it even exceeds the vortex PST 2.5-10x eyebox.

Now the only thing Is the field of view is a little bit less according to the EOTech specs then the Vortex PST which is 10.9 ft at 100 vs the Eotech which is 10.2 ft at 100 on their full magnification. I thought the EOTech would have a larger field of view being it has a 44 mm objective vs Vortex's 32mm, but of course it may still have more out in the real world being these are just specs from each manufacturer's website. Or I may have no idea what I'm talking about

All in all I am very happy with this optic and its clarity and features.

All I have to hope for now is that everything works on it and there are no defects once I get out and start sending some rounds downrange with it. I can be kind of flaky sometimes when it comes to keeping optics around or selling them Seems like I'm always looking for the perfect combination, but I'm really digging it so far and it is right up my alley of what I want on this particular AR.

Like I stated before one of my ultimate favorites was always the vortex PST 2.5 – 10 X 32. This one just seems to far exceeded it as far as durability and optical clarity goes. For me (YMMV), it is the perfect  magnification and eye relief for kind of a do it all rifle.

So if you are like me and the vortex PST 2.5-10x32 has been one of your favorites since it came out, this may be something with better quality glass and more durability that you could enjoy. Especially if you don't want to wait another few months for the new Vortex gen ll 2-10x to come out.

Judging from the outstanding glass clarity on my new Vortex PST Gen ll 3-15x44 I have to say that it does get pretty close to the Japan Vudu glass and if you would rather wait for the vortex, I feel most are also going to be pretty happy with that one also at it's lower price point..YMMV of course. If I have funds available when that one does finally come out I may get it and try it to compare.

That is all I have for now unless I think of something else that I may have missed in my review and here are a couple of pics of the lit reticle on its lowest and highest magnification along with another pic of it mounted up on a rifle.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/133585/20170308-123545-resized-161603.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/133585/20170308-123638-resized-161604.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/133585/20170308-130458-resized-161629.JPG
View Quote
Do the turret caps lock down? In the promo videos, they seem to turn fairly easy. I am interested in the 1-6x. It would be my first scope, so idk if it's standard for the turrets to be pushed/locked.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 2:12:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Since there are those that are ignorant to what EOtech did and might find this thread through a search I'd say he did contribute.

I think it's time for the apologists to pipe down since they don't have anything to contribute.

Unless you think it's ok for accompany to lie to people and YOU feel comfortable making excuses for them.  

That's fine. My character doesn't allow me to do that no matter how much I like a piece of equipment.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Since there are those that are ignorant to what EOtech did and might find this thread through a search I'd say he did contribute.

I think it's time for the apologists to pipe down since they don't have anything to contribute.

Unless you think it's ok for accompany to lie to people and YOU feel comfortable making excuses for them.  

That's fine. My character doesn't allow me to do that no matter how much I like a piece of equipment.
View Quote
The thread is for information about the scope, not the company. Says so right there in the title.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 3:08:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The thread is for information about the scope, not the company. Says so right there in the title.
View Quote
Yes but his character will not allow him to comprehend that..
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 10:49:52 PM EDT
[#46]
I played with a vudu 1-6 today and the reticle is pretty cool. I compared it to a vortex g2 1-6. I think it's a toss up. I do liked the uncapped turrets on the vudu. I may buy one to play with.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 1:06:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I played with a vudu 1-6 today and the reticle is pretty cool. I compared it to a vortex g2 1-6. I think it's a toss up. I do liked the uncapped turrets on the vudu. I may buy one to play with.
View Quote
I'm really digging the reticle on this thing.  Love the EOTech ring.  I like the Vortex for the capped turrets.  I may wind up going with this one.  At the moment I'm kind of debating this, the Vortex, and the new Accupower.  That EOTech ring always draws me in!
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:01:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I'm really digging the reticle on this thing.  Love the EOTech ring.  I like the Vortex for the capped turrets.  I may wind up going with this one.  At the moment I'm kind of debating this, the Vortex, and the new Accupower.  That EOTech ring always draws me in!
View Quote
Sadly I was disappointed by the AccuPower's glass... it's not terrible but (IMO) it falls in line with other glass at a much lower price point.

I still haven't found one of these Vudu's locally to check out, so I might just have to bite the bullet and buy one to try. I don't even have a gun to put this on right now, but I still want it
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:55:20 AM EDT
[#49]
I played with the 1-6 yesterday at a local shop. It's always tough to gauge an optic inside a store and not mounted to a rifle, but like others have said, it felt solid and looks well designed. I liked it and think I will end up picking one up.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:04:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yes but his character will not allow him to comprehend that..
View Quote
Nvm.  Waste of breathe.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top