Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2017 7:09:36 PM EDT
In particular the 308 bdc reticle. Here
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:05:13 PM EDT
[#1]
not bad for the money
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:51:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I just always wonder, for BDC and similar reticles, what load and barrel length are they based on and how much does it change?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:02:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I have that exact scope but with the .223 reticle. If I had to do it over I would probably choose another scope over this one. This scope holds zero but it's not overly forgiving in regards to eye relief and the eye box. I've found that if you don't keep your head in about the exact same place every time you don't get a good sight picture, I know consistency is the key to accuracy but nobody's perfect. As expected with a low end scope the glass isn't overly clear at the highest(usually above 9x)settings and it doesn't gather as much light. At lower setting the scope is much more forgiving.

As with all the BDC reticles you will need to shoot your particular load and see what range each dot is on at, it will not be the even numbers that are stated. This is how the BDC reticle is set up on my rifle:

20" barrel shooting .223 PMC X-Tac Match 77gr OTM

Crosshair- 100yds
First dot- 232yds
Second dot- 322yds
Fourth dot- 396yds
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:30:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks to be good specs I am kind of partial to Vortex but Bushnell makes good scopes but not all scopes are created equal from Bushnell just like Vortex.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:21:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have that exact scope but with the .223 reticle. If I had to do it over I would probably choose another scope over this one. This scope holds zero but it's not overly forgiving in regards to eye relief and the eye box. I've found that if you don't keep your head in about the exact same place every time you don't get a good sight picture, I know consistency is the key to accuracy but nobody's perfect. As expected with a low end scope the glass isn't overly clear at the highest(usually above 9x)settings and it doesn't gather as much light. At lower setting the scope is much more forgiving.

As with all the BDC reticles you will need to shoot your particular load and see what range each dot is on at, it will not be the even numbers that are stated. This is how the BDC reticle is set up on my rifle:

20" barrel shooting .223 PMC X-Tac Match 77gr OTM

Crosshair- 100yds
First dot- 232yds
Second dot- 322yds
Fourth dot- 396yds
View Quote

Thanks.
Now I need a mount.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:53:54 AM EDT
[#6]
All those features for that price?

I am skeptical of quality on that product line.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I had the 1-4X and it was great except for one thing: it was extremely heavy, especially when combined with a PEPR mount
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top