Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:25:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
it's my first geissele mount and it's outstanding.   i'm glad i picked up the hyper extended mount because the accupower has a ton of eye relief.  

like Vonbongo said , if you shoot ntch you'll definitely want an extended mount.  i had to move my stock back one notch from where i usually keep it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/1iviper/IMG_4432_zpsdjurs07a.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you grab it from PA while they were on clearance?  I picked up two of the Hyper Extended 20 MOA versions.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/57761/20170210-172801-144362.jpg
it's my first geissele mount and it's outstanding.   i'm glad i picked up the hyper extended mount because the accupower has a ton of eye relief.  

like Vonbongo said , if you shoot ntch you'll definitely want an extended mount.  i had to move my stock back one notch from where i usually keep it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/1iviper/IMG_4432_zpsdjurs07a.jpg

I'm glad you posted this with the hyper mount. I was unsure about ordering the sr25 hyper mount but bought it today on the primary sale. Tomorrow ill pull the trigger on scope itself. Hopefully this will fit my scar 17 nicely.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:42:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'm glad you posted this with the hyper mount. I was unsure about ordering the sr25 hyper mount but bought it today on the primary sale. Tomorrow ill pull the trigger on scope itself. Hopefully this will fit my scar 17 nicely.
View Quote
The SR25 hyper extended mount provides about as much forward offset as the ar15 extended mount.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:10:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That is a sight to behold, original leonidas with a 1-8.
View Quote
it was one of my first ar's and is still one of my favorites to take shooting
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:33:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Great looking stick 1iviper!
View Quote
thank you sir

i've been trying to find a replacement for the nxs 1-4 that usually sits on that gun for a while now.  the nxs is old school and doesn't have much of a feature set compared to alot of newer scopes out now but i just love that little 1- 4 and the fc-2 reticle.  so far i really like the accupower , trijicon did a pretty good job with the segmented circle reticle in the ffp.  i'm hoping for some nicer weather soon to be able to get out and and sight it in and do some shooting with it to see if the extra magnification is worth the extra bulk and weight vs the nxs. 
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:37:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
i was originally going to order just the extended mount.  while spending too much time thinking about it they sold out of the extended mounts so i picked up the hyper extended.  it ended up working out great.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:52:57 AM EDT
[#6]
ive yet to find anyone who will match natchez's price
but a couple are close

back ordered a RED MOA.  
wasnt going to pay $100-$200 more just to have it in 3 days.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:59:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've had one for a couple weeks. No complaints with the red illumination outside sun or clouds.  I would say it's about 2-3 clicks down from my aimpoimt comp c3 on WFO when the Trijicon is turned up to 11.

Size wise it's a lot bigger than my accupoint 1-4 it reminded me a lot size wise to the IOR Valdada 1-10.  As with any 34mm scope they are big.

I shoot nose to charge handle so it needs the extended mounts or a monolithic upper.  Run mine on a LMT MRP and with the ADM extended mount it would still have had to go out on the handguard a notch on a nonmonolithic upper.  Or you could click the stock back a few clicks.

Personally I like my vcog with the horseshoe reticle better but it's $750 more with less magnification.

Never found a perfect scope yet.  Probably never will.
View Quote

Can you post pics side by side?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:02:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
ive yet to find anyone who will match natchez's price
but a couple are close

back ordered a RED MOA.  
wasnt going to pay $100-$200 more just to have it in 3 days.
View Quote

Will Natchez allow you to backorder?  I didn't see that option.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:31:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Natchez has Green Mil in stock.
$300 less than Euro Optic.

Today, over my lunch break, I will taking photos though the following scopes at 1x, 6x, and 8x.

-Accupower 1-8x28 at 1x and 8x
-Accupoint 1-6x24 at 1x and 6x
-Strike Eagle 1-6x24 at 1x and 6x.  

I'll post them when I have time.
So far, the AccuPower is clear and bright.  Very good glass.  A friend has a Razor HD Gen 2, and it's on par with that scope.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Will Natchez allow you to backorder?  I didn't see that option.
View Quote

optics planet will.
chat w/ them and tell them to price match.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:39:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

How's the clarity?
View Quote

same as other optics in that range.  I just sold a 1-5 t5xi Steiner to get this and would say they were the same
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:17:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Well I couldn't take any decent pics --- with my iPotato it was IMPOSSIBLE to get decent shots.
I can say, though, the glass was really nice.  Equal with my AccuPoint 1-6.  
It is daylight bright; not aimpoint bright, but you can pick up the red reticle.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 6:42:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well I couldn't take any decent pics --- with my iPotato it was IMPOSSIBLE to get decent shots.
I can say, though, the glass was really nice.  Equal with my AccuPoint 1-6.  
It is daylight bright; not aimpoint bright, but you can pick up the red reticle.
View Quote

I always love that part, if its not Aimpoint bright, then how is it daylight bright? (Aimpoint being the standard for what is daylight bright)

I know I'm coming off as argumentative, but I have not seen any credible evidence that leads me to believe that the Trijicon is daylight bright.
And Typically, a scope manufacturer has no problem using the verbiage "Daylight bright" when it truly is, and Trijicon is not.

Hell, a Poster just said he traded a 1-5  T5x1 for this.. which I find stunning, as I would take the T5X1 everyday over the Trijicon, just in weight and being daylight bright alone.

At some point, once enough of them are out their, and I get a chance to look thru one, I will, to see for myself.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:35:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Harv, this is the second Accupower thread you have stunk up and called people liars. By your logic neither the Eotech I had, or the RM06 I have are daylight bright. Why? Because they aren't as bright as my H1 on setting 12. I live in the desert,  and you want to know what settings I have never used on my H1? 11 and 12. Even on a summer afternoon 11 and 12 bloom because they are too bright. If are planning to shoot on the face of the sun, then I guess the Accupower won't be bright enough for you, and you should probably stick with an aimpoint  Anywhere else the RED is absolutely daylight bright, and at least equal to a 10 setting on an Aimpoint which I have always found more than adequate. 
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:09:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Harv, this is the second Accupower thread you have stunk up and called people liars. By your logic neither the Eotech I had, or the RM06 I have are daylight bright. Why? Because they aren't as bright as my H1 on setting 12. I live in the desert,  and you want to know what settings I have never used on my H1? 11 and 12. Even on a summer afternoon 11 and 12 bloom because they are too bright. If are planning to shoot on the face of the sun, then I guess the Accupower won't be bright enough for you, and you should probably stick with an aimpoint  Anywhere else the RED is absolutely daylight bright, and at least equal to a 10 setting on an Aimpoint which I have always found more than adequate. 
View Quote

It is exhausting isn't it?  No worries I'm getting lectured for stating the FOV and exit pupil are based on objective lens size. What was I thinking not explaining the increased 34 mm tube size allows for a 28 mm objective lens or 4 mm larger than the objective lens size of my Steiner military thus equating to larger exit pupil range and FOV.
Cant wait for post 11,000&.....
Going back to using gear for work.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:35:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

If Harv owns one of these then he's allowed to whine about it not being bright enough and how he spent his money on it and is disappointed. But he keeps on saying aimpoint this and aimpoint that, if he's a red dot guy why is he posting in a LPV thread. His posts kind of are getting aggravating though.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:38:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I think I really want one of these scopes but my LGS ' won't order one without a commitment to buy. Frustrating.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:39:21 PM EDT
[#18]
That's the thing, he doesn't own one. Yet he seems to know more about it than the people that do.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:14:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Any comparison to Kahles 1-6? I know it's a different price point and all....
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:33:57 PM EDT
[#20]
If you think I'm going to apologize for having a "discussion" regarding optics in a "Optics Discussion thread" you mistaken. I have not called anyone a liar, I'm simply saying that I have seen no hard facts that this is Daylight bright, other then a few of you who say it is,  and then follow up with the statement it's not Aimpoint bright. obviously some of you are in love with your new scope, so I will leave you with your optic love...and not darken.

Like I said, I will find one at some point and draw my own conclusion. Enjoy your scopes.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:41:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Just got the MOA model with red color illumination. Will see if the red is bright enough for daylight use after the weekend storm.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 1:43:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If you think I'm going to apologize for having a "discussion" regarding optics in a "Optics Discussion thread" you mistaken. I have not called anyone a liar, I'm simply saying that I have seen no hard facts that this is Daylight bright, other then a few of you who say it is,  and then follow up with the statement it's not Aimpoint bright. obviously some of you are in love with your new scope, so I will leave you with your optic love...and not darken.

Like I said, I will find one at some point and draw my own conclusion. Enjoy your scopes.
View Quote

I really don't think Harv is trying to be argumentative guys.  This is a discussion forum after all.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:43:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just got the MOA model with red color illumination. Will see if the red is bright enough for daylight use after the weekend storm.
View Quote

Looking forward to it.  
Ive been told mine wont be here till mid march.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:53:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I always love that part, if its not Aimpoint bright, then how is it daylight bright? (Aimpoint being the standard for what is daylight bright)
View Quote

Aimpoint may be considered the standard by some, but not by all.  Anyone who doesn't realize that isn't very smart.  What if someone says an optic is "Vortex Bright"?  Does that equal "Aimpoint bright"?  Is that Daylight bright?

Link Posted: 2/19/2017 1:54:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Aimpoint may be considered the standard by some, but not by all.  Anyone who doesn't realize that isn't very smart.  What if someone says an optic is "Vortex Bright"?  Does that equal "Aimpoint bright"?  Is that Daylight bright?

View Quote

And this is were it comes down to not having a technical definition for daylight brightness and others opinions being scoffed at due to that. To myself (and probably others ) daylight bright means you can illuminate the reticle and have a higher setting that makes the illumination visible on a sunny day while not pointing in the shade. Ex. The green dot in my VX6 Firedot BDC  is daylight bright because you can see the dot on a sunny day as described above. When someone adds the not Aimpoint bright part IMO that means that the reticle can not be turned  up so bright as to be flared and create that starburst effect as with an Aimpoint. Whichever user commented daylight bright but not Aimpoint bright I'd appreciate it if you'd commented upon whether or not what I mentioned above is what you meant.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 2:21:42 PM EDT
[#26]
How well do you think the Accupower would go against The Razor Gen II 1-6? That's currently my top candidate for my SCAR 17.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 2:30:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
How well do you think the Accupower would go against The Razor Gen II 1-6? That's currently my top candidate for my SCAR 17.
View Quote

Someone said the glass is as good
I prefer the trijicon reticle and the extra 2x
Im gng to use it on my 6.8
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 2:43:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Someone said the glass is as good
I prefer the trijicon reticle and the extra 2x
Im gng to use it on my 6.8
View Quote

The features seem well put and I would like the extra 2x. Would ditch my consideration for the NF 2.5-10. Who seem's to have the best price and availability as of right now? I see $1445 at Eurooptic. Can also snag one of the Geisselle DDC Hyperextended mount's which are on sale from PA.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The features seem well put and I would like the extra 2x. Would ditch my consideration for the NF 2.5-10. Who seem's to have the best price and availability as of right now? I see $1445 at Eurooptic. Can also snag one of the Geisselle DDC Hyperextended mount's which are on sale from PA.
View Quote

If u need it now i believe euro has them in stock
Email them and ask them to come close to the natchez price.  I think they told me theyd do somewhere around $1265 if paying w a card.  

Im not in a hurry so optics planet backordered me one for $1147.  ETA mid march.  

I grabbed an aero spr mount from PA.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 4:20:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If u need it now i believe euro has them in stock
Email them and ask them to come close to the natchez price.  I think they told me theyd do somewhere around $1265 if paying w a card.  

Im not in a hurry so optics planet backordered me one for $1147.  ETA mid march.  

I grabbed an aero spr mount from PA.
View Quote

Good deal. I plan on giving Euro a call then. Just snagged a Geiselle mount from PA in DDC. Should match the FDE Scar with its 20 shades of different colors.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 5:33:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Good deal. I plan on giving Euro a call then. Just snagged a Geiselle mount from PA in DDC. Should match the FDE Scar with its 20 shades of different colors.
View Quote

Cool
Post pix n your opinions!!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 5:53:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Duplicate
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 5:56:35 PM EDT
[#33]
They are telling me they can only price match if Natchez has it in stock, so that sucks. Seem's like they let a few slide now they won't do it anymore.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 6:11:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Here it is mounted to my DD MK12 in ADM RECON mount.

Crappy weather this weekend so haven't had a chance to shoot it, or get pics in sunlight

Link Posted: 2/19/2017 7:35:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
They are telling me they can only price match if Natchez has it in stock, so that sucks. Seem's like they let a few slide now they won't do it anymore.
View Quote

They tried that w me also
Said we will only honor if its in stock
I replied asking for a better price on the red
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Tried one last email. If not optic's planet it is.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 3:22:12 AM EDT
[#37]

At 1x

At 4x.

At 8x.

All at level 10 out of the 11 total levels. The illumination under level 9 is not daylight visible.

Using the Warne MSR 34mm QD high rings for now:

http://warnescopemounts.com/product/a424lm-34mm-msr-quick-detach-2-piece/
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:24:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
http://i68.tinypic.com/2je63r7.jpg

At 1x

http://i63.tinypic.com/szcw43.jpg

At 4x.

http://i63.tinypic.com/ilk2s2.jpg

At 8x.

All at level 10 out of the 11 total levels. The illumination under level 9 is not daylight visible.

http://i68.tinypic.com/nef0bo.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/i3e6ms.jpg

View Quote

looks good!!

thanks!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

What about SWFA?

ETA: It doesn't look like SWFA even has them available to order.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:56:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Pretty sure SWFA has the same policy about price matching in stock only as well. For some reason Natchez's shipping was stupid expensive when I was going to order from them.  The price was good, but the shipping was high.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:23:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
http://i68.tinypic.com/2je63r7.jpg

At 1x

http://i63.tinypic.com/szcw43.jpg

At 4x.

http://i63.tinypic.com/ilk2s2.jpg

At 8x.

http://i68.tinypic.com/nef0bo.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/i3e6ms.jpg

View Quote

Thanks very much for posting the pictures. Any chance you could post at 11 power and with the illumination off as well?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Well that settles it, no clouds, obviously middle of the day, and it's desert. That's all the factors you need to make a decision on whether it's daylight bright or not. Now I have to get one for my  gun rifle with a noveske 18inch on it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:15:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Well that settles it, no clouds, obviously middle of the day, and it's desert. That's all the factors you need to make a decision on whether it's daylight bright or not. Now I have to get one for my  gun rifle with a noveske 18inch on it.
View Quote

Agreed as I've stated from the start in both threads. Would like the other pictures if at all possible to add some discussion points.
Thanks again for these great pictures TNgan
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:07:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. I'm in the exact same situation
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll try to post some pictures and review it myself. The mount shipped yesterday and the scope today. Going on my SCAR 17 too. Was finally able to get Euro to "match" it close enough to natchez.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:22:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Has anyone stated battery life? Is this a definite better option than a razor gen2?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:30:58 PM EDT
[#47]
"Battery Life>31 hours at max brightness" - From Trijicon spec's chart.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:39:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Tried one last email. If not optic's planet it is.
View Quote

Good luck with optics planet, they always mislead you on when your product comes back in stock.

It will depend on who you talk to there, as to when you will get your item. Just for giggles I talked to three different people in the same day and they all gave me different times, and one of them even went as far to say that it was going to be in the next day, they even acted like they were all happy for me about it.

If they tell you it's going to be 3 weeks, better figure about 3 months, and God forbid you might have to return it to them you're going to wait at least a month for your refund. Ask me how I know?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:04:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Agreed as I've stated from the start in both threads. Would like the other pictures if at all possible to add some discussion points.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Great pics.  Definitely daylight bright
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:54:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Just ordered a Red MIL variant from EuroOptic.  Talked with the guy over the phone and he helped me a ton.  They even had both red reticles in stock.

Now the wait.
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top