AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 12:57:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Disregard, tech forum.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:08:35 PM EDT
[#2]
i have a green illuminated mil reticle one inbound , it should be here tuesday.

i'll post some pics of the reticle and at 1x with a ruler for you guys

i probably use a variable a little different than most people do so to me a daylight bright reticle on a variable optic is not really important , for me it's mostly about the reticle and how useful it is.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:39:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i have a green illuminated mil reticle one inbound , it should be here tuesday.

i'll post some pics of the reticle and at 1x with a ruler for you guys

i probably use a variable a little different than most people do so to me a daylight bright reticle on a variable optic is not really important , for me it's mostly about the reticle and how useful it is.
View Quote

The reticle is very similar to what's available in the VCOG, and while the reticle in the VCOG wasn't "daylight bright", I had no problem picking it up on a bright day because of how bold/large it was.

I'm heavily considering picking one of these up for the 16" .308 I'm about to start building.  Other scopes in the running are the Razor 1-6 and the new VX-6HD 1-6, but if the eye relief, eyebox, and glass quality are as good on this Accupower as being reported, it seems like a very good option.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#4]
To everyone who has posted first hand information on this optic:

THANK YOU

To everyone who has not also posted pictures, video, or any other evidence to back up their statements:

NO THANK YOU

I'll wait for some detailed reviews that include pictures and/or video showing what is being written.  It's not that I don't trust any of the posters who wrote opinions in this thread.  It's just that I don't trust them without some way to validate or confirm them.

Link Posted: 2/5/2017 7:28:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

THANK YOU

To everyone who has not also posted pictures, video, or any other evidence to back up their statements:

NO THANK YOU

I'll wait for some detailed reviews that include pictures and/or video showing what is being written.  It's not that I don't trust any of the posters who wrote opinions in this thread.  It's just that I don't trust them without some way to validate or confirm them.

View Quote

Agreed.  Most of the "features" that are talked about when reviewing riflescopes are pretty damn subjective.  Reticle illumination is one of the most subjective.  Things like eyebox, minor levels of distortion, and performance on 1x really aren't that quantifiable and some people may have a higher threshold for dealing with these things than others.  Pictures can really help to illustrate exactly how something is performing (although, the only true way to know is to get hands on).
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 8:43:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I bet Mr GunsNGear will have something soon
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 8:34:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

THANK YOU

NO THANK YOU

View Quote

I too was thinking that guy who was wild'n out doesn't have the scope. I have never encountered someone so reluctant to post photos. Especially since it would have taken less time than the detailed rants about not posting the pictures because it was a waste of time.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:04:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Another Review

5:00 we start to get into illumination and even speaks to red vs green
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like he really wanted the red reticle...

I like his reviews in the past and for him to say it's his favorite 1-8 scope says something.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Another Review

View Quote
Thanks for posting that. Solid review and he actually showed the magnification transitions. I'm sold. 
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:32:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sounds like he really wanted the red reticle...

I like his reviews in the past and for him to say it's his favorite 1-8 scope says something.
View Quote

It was my favorite scope from SHOT for an AR platform.  The red reticle was super bright. If you can't see the red reticle in daylight get your eyes checked.  I would put it on par with my Steiner 1-4 Military for brightness. I would give my Steiner glass the edge on clarity. I do like this reticle design a ton in the mil version.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:48:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thanks for posting that. Solid review and he actually showed the magnification transitions. I'm sold. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Another Review

Ditto. Think this will have to replace the NF 2.5-10x on the SCAR.

I wish I had never picked up a black rifle; bigger money pit than a boat!
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:26:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Needs more pics of green and red in daylight scenarios
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 1:44:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow. I ordered the red MOA.  Looks like they still have a green MOA in stock.

https://www.natchezss.com/accupower-1-8x28-riflescope-moa-segment-circle-crosshair-w-grn-led-34mmtube.html
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 2:02:08 AM EDT
[#15]
After the last review, I canceled my order for the green and went with the red instead. Should have mine middle of next week from Eurooptics. From everything I have read/heard the red is much brighter.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 2:20:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Needs more pics of green and red in daylight scenarios
View Quote
illumination set at max (11) in all pictures except the last one

Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:51:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Doesn't look quite as bright as I would have hoped.  My LGS has a couple in I may go check it out.  Still doesn't touch my USO SR-8 but then again for the price I wouldn't expect it to.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 2:03:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Wow. I would do some changing to the optic. My crossbars are a little too big but i did them on my phone and i am in a hurry. If it's not daylight bright then we need another machanism to draw the eye to reticle and its alignment with the target.

Thin, crappy reticles that highlight the view over the practicality of shooting in the light, dark, woods, etc. are all we seem to be getting these days. I want contrast with and without battery power, and the german #4 has been doing good in thick woods for years. When your running your optic on a low setting in low light and then you kick on the 500 lumen weaponlight... A thin crappy reticle can get lost in woods with shadow or against dark clothing. Add some contrast with thicker bars at 3,6, and 9 to add some utility if you cant drive your optic red dot bright.

IMHO
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Definitely daylight bright. I'm nit in life with the reticle.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:46:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
http://www.thenewrifleman.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2017-02-08-11-57-13.jpg

Wow. I would do some changing to the optic. My crossbars are a little too big but i did them on my phone and i am in a hurry. If it's not daylight bright then we need another machanism to draw the eye to reticle and its alignment with the target.

Thin, crappy reticles that highlight the view over the practicality of shooting in the light, dark, woods, etc. are all we seem to be getting these days. I want contrast with and without battery power, and the german #4 has been doing good in thick woods for years. When your running your optic on a low setting in low light and then you kick on the 500 lumen weaponlight... A thin crappy reticle can get lost in woods with shadow or against dark clothing. Add some contrast with thicker bars at 3,6, and 9 to add some utility if you cant drive your optic red dot bright.

IMHO
View Quote

Not bad for a 1x view though
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:26:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Definitely daylight bright. I'm nit in life with the reticle.
View Quote

That is not daylight bright...
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:52:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Got a look at these in person today.  The red is definitely more "daylight bright" than the green reticle.  My LGS said they are only going to stock the red reticle because it is so noticeably brighter and will order the green if someone wants it.  I think these are going to be really popular at the price point and decent quality this line from Trijicon offers.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:19:42 PM EDT
[#23]
WHY can't trijicon make an accupoint with one of these better reticle designs?  why why why...

all this electronic shit and not daylight bright. except the ACOG TA02, those are bright enough.

how about aimpoint make a scope? they know how to make bright reticles?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 1:24:46 PM EDT
[#24]
I'll try to get pics posted later, but mine is pretty bright and it's sunny today.  Not sure I would say day light bright, but it's way brighter then my accupower 1x4. Mine is the red MOA.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 1:32:18 PM EDT
[#25]
This is with no clouds and max illumination.

1x

8x

Might not be fully daylight bright, but it's more then enough for me.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks pretty good to me. I'd even be fine if the center cross hair was not lit up. The semi circle is more than enough for me.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 2:57:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

1x
http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p491/Joeyg023/IMG_0861_zpsihljoxlh.jpg

8x
http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p491/Joeyg023/IMG_0864_zpseo1eafnk.jpg

View Quote

Thanks for posting the pictures of the red illumination.  
Next up we will have the pictures of the red illuminated at max with the scope pointed directly into the sun with the testimony of see I told you it's not daylight bright.  Perhaps consider taking an alternative shooting position or utilizing a sun shade or an impromptu sun shade in incredibly bright conditions.  We seem to be trying so hard to rely on technology when there are several simple solutions to tactical issues.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 4:23:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

1x

8x

View Quote

AGREED, thats pretty decent. thanks for posting those.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 4:34:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

1x

8x

View Quote

Were you standing in the sun or in the shade?

If it's in the sun, that's not bad.  I'd consider that daylight bright... On the lower end of things, but still.  That's about as bright as my PA Platinum in full sun.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 5:12:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Next up we will have the pictures of the red illuminated at max with the scope pointed directly into the sun with the testimony of see I told you it's not daylight bright.  Perhaps consider taking an alternative shooting position or utilizing a sun shade or an impromptu sun shade in incredibly bright conditions.  We seem to be trying so hard to rely on technology when there are several simple solutions to tactical issues.
View Quote

rather than reading between the lines here, how about you just say what you really mean.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 5:39:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
the reticle is not daylight bright in all situations , almost like a fiber optic acog.

pointing into the sun the reticle is bright , these were looking towards the sun

where you get washout with the reticle is with the sun at your back , like in these pics.  but the more the reticle washes out the bolder it becomes as seen in the 2nd pic

and this is mostly only an issue at 1x , as you increase magnification the reticle is brighter.  these 2 pics are the same as the above pics but at 8x

Link Posted: 2/9/2017 8:29:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
the reticle is not daylight bright in all situations , almost like a fiber optic acog.

pointing into the sun the reticle is bright , these were looking towards the sun
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/1iviper/IMG_4243_zpsrgdnqypw.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/1iviper/IMG_4234_zpsxdwwn1o9.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/1iviper/IMG_4242_zpsxrkib0h2.jpg

where you get washout with the reticle is with the sun at your back , like in these pics.  but the more the reticle washes out the bolder it becomes as seen in the 2nd pic
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/1iviper/IMG_4305_zpsxhkxbyua.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/1iviper/IMG_4268_zpsfnlfqymr.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/1iviper/IMG_4274_zpsejhikclq.jpg

and this is mostly only an issue at 1x , as you increase magnification the reticle is brighter.  these 2 pics are the same as the above pics but at 8x
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/1iviper/IMG_4302_zpspntoy3rg.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/1iviper/IMG_4278_zps7ib5wckb.jpg
View Quote

I completely agree. The green reticle is not a choice I would make for several reasons especially when running a UNS unless it was white phosphorous. The red reticle is plenty bright for my uses.  Then again I don't run with illumination on while using my UNS. My point was I think some are creating issues without considering a simple tactical fix.  Some have already discussed advantages of FLIR based systems etc etc.  Tactics and field craft can be discussed forever.
I appreciate those that have posted pictures and take the time to share their opinions and observations in order to help others make an informed decision on this as well as several other optics. Kind of the whole point to AR15.com
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:04:50 PM EDT
[#33]
So who's got the best pricing on these?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:20:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Red trumps green in this case.  It doesn't even come close
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 12:14:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

No problem. I was in the middle of the yard. The sun was to the left of me. So far im very impressed with the scope. If I had any complaints it's a bit bulky and heavy, but doesn't bother me to much for the features you get with it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 12:41:59 AM EDT
[#36]
So i went ahead and bore sighted it today with my laser bore sighter.  Just wanted to see if you guys thought this was a lot of adjustment.  12 MOA up and 7 MOA Right.  was not sure if it was excessive if so maybe its the mount.  I have it on a American Defense Recon X mount.  I did it in my backyard and i would say i was 25 yards away from where i had the laser pointed.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 8:24:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So i went ahead and bore sighted it today with my laser bore sighter.  Just wanted to see if you guys thought this was a lot of adjustment.  12 MOA up and 7 MOA Right.  was not sure if it was excessive if so maybe its the mount.  I have it on a American Defense Recon X mount.  I did it in my backyard and i would say i was 25 yards away from where i had the laser pointed.
View Quote

Just curious, did you center the adjustments prior to mounting it and zeroing?  Sometimes the caps are a little off from the factory, or from someone at a store playing with it. I saw a great article on doing this by setting a scope down, objective lens down, on a mirror.  That way, you looked through and saw two reticles (the actual reticle and its reflection). By adjusting the knobs so the two reticles lined up, you ensured that your optic was mechanically centered.  I've bought a few good scopes that were just a bit off out of the box.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 12:26:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Both the turrets were at 0 that is all I l know for sure. I didn't check anything else.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:09:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Can someone post some pictures at 1x WITHOUT illumination?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:15:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So who's got the best pricing on these?
View Quote

Natchez.  $1150 but out of stock
Im waiting

May even wait till one hits EE
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:17:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Euro Optics is close to that,  but you need to call. I haven't seen anyone else as low as Natchez. 
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Has anyone had a chance to compare the Trijicon to the Burris XTR II 1-8 or the PA Platinum 1-8 yet?  They all seem like similar optics at a similar price point.  Surely, Trijicon's name carries a premium and possibly an implied quality difference, but Burris and PA seem to really be upping their games over the last couple years.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:16:48 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm dying to compare the Trijicon to the Burris.  I feel the Burris 1-8 has better glass than my Burris 3-15.  The 1-8 is made in Japan and the 3-15 is made in the Philippines.  
I was planning on picking up the Trijicon but fell into a great deal on the Burris.  Can never have too many scopes.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:39:18 PM EDT
[#44]
I was an early adopter of their VCOG... It was a decent scope but definitely was overpriced. I think I will wait this one out...
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Euro Optics is close to that,  but you need to call. I haven't seen anyone else as low as Natchez. 
View Quote

Thnx.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 4:51:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

http://www.opticsplanet.com priced matched Natchez. After email about price match they sent code to change price to $1141.50

Which Aero mount would be best SPR or Extended? Will a MBUS pro be able to be still mounted? I have Matrix Side Charge Upper I want to mount this too.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#47]
I backordered thru optics planet at $1147
I have an aero spr on order
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 7:36:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

http://www.opticsplanet.com priced matched Natchez. After email about price match they sent code to change price to $1141.50

Which Aero mount would be best SPR or Extended? Will a MBUS pro be able to be still mounted? I have Matrix Side Charge Upper I want to mount this too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had to use an extended Geissele SR25 mount on my .308. I would imagine if you are going to put it on a 5.56 variety you will definitely need something extended.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:15:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Great red reticle daylight bright pics in the other thread running.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:48:36 AM EDT
[#50]
But all those are facing the sun? I think you get washout from Not facing the sun?
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top