BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:07:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks Like they took the segmented circle and filled it in with mil or moa. I kind of like it though as I'm guessing they viewed this as an optic most people would put on a 308 or if they were using it on an AR it would not be a gun shooting 55gr. I'll be getting a green MOA whenever I get a chance. I'll probably use a ADM mount, does anyone have experience with ADM mounts in 34mm? I know on their sight they list mounts for AR15 like their recon which I have 2 of and they have ones for AR10/ SCAR but they don't cant forward like the recons do.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:11:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Mil Mil as well.

Looks good to me. 4" pretty constant eye relief, Mil-Mil, segmented reticle, better FOV than the vcog.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:13:07 PM EDT
[#3]
9 oz heavier and twice the price of the 1-4x.

With the PA Platinum to be had for 300-400 less, hmmmmm
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$1699 MSRP
25oz

Info Here
View Quote

Looks very good and interesting.

Does anyone know what type of battery this scope will take?
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looking at it compared to the PA Platinum (which I'm currently running on a 5.56 3-Gun rifle), it looks as though there's the possibility to have a larger exit aperture, which *should* mean a larger eyebox at 8X.  That's my only gripe about the PA... However, that's kinda the nature of the beast with a 1-8X.  Other than that, I love it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 1:40:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Says CR2032
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Looking at it compared to the PA Platinum (which I'm currently running on a 5.56 3-Gun rifle), it looks as though there's the possibility to have a larger exit aperture, which *should* mean a larger eyebox at 8X.  That's my only gripe about the PA... However, that's kinda the nature of the beast with a 1-8X.  Other than that, I love it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have the Platinum 1-8x?
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It's a shame that Trijicon doesn't have a presence in this forum to answer questions like Vortex does.
View Quote

We had one, but he got tired of the same bs questions. "Why can't we get a 1-8 scope with a daytime bright ta31 reticule that cost $700"
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:02:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Why is your Accupower being replaced?  The reason I ask is because, my 1 month old 1-4 lit reticle went out at the range yesterday.  Was on my .308.  Got home, changed the battery without checking again, works fine now.  Checked the old battery and is at 3v.  

Hoping I don't have an issue. It is a .223 reticle on a much heavier recoiling .308

View Quote
Hmmm.... weird. Even though the battery checked out fine it could be a dud, at least I hope it is for your sake.

I had an opportunity to visit a private range 8 miles from my house. It was to be my first time shooting at 300 yards, I've only shot out to 100 yards so far (VERY new to firearms). 3 rounds put down range, put the rifle down to check out the spotting scope. Picked up rifle and looked through scope to shoot again and the reticle had rotated about about 15 degrees to the right. Not sure WTF happened but it sure ended the fun quickly. I could still get on paper but the reticle seemed to be moving the more I shot it. I was pissed because I really was looking forward to the opportunity to shoot at 300.

I sent it back to them and they replaced it with a new one which I received this past Saturday. I asked about upgrading last week but they said it could not be done since there wasn't a release date yet. Even if they said yes it would have likely been out of my budget right know.

But I want it bad enough I have searching non stop since Saturday to see if I can find something with more magnification with in the budget. In all likelihood the Accupower is going back on tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 12:07:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

We had one, but he got tired of the same bs questions. "Why can't we get a 1-8 scope with a daytime bright ta31 reticule that cost $700"
View Quote

I don't think it's bs. People are tired of getting bent over. We saw it with the PA ADS. Is it 100% as a T1?  No. but it pretty close at about 1/3rd or1/4th the cost.

With the tech we have today there is only one reason there isn't $700 daylight bright scopes with any number of reticles.....money. People will gripe but pay.

People need to stop paying and demand more. There is no reason for it. Just like $100 charging handles.  It's absolute absurdity. (No I'm not comparing the complexity of a CH to a scope)
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 12:31:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a shame that Trijicon doesn't have a presence in this forum to answer questions like Vortex does.

Reps are here to push product.  I'd answer it 1000 times a week if that was my job.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 3:36:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I cant wait to handle one.  

Any guess on street price?
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 3:58:59 PM EDT
[#13]
$1500ish
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I cant wait to handle one.  

Any guess on street price?
View Quote

This place is listing 1305 when you log in 1-8 Accupower
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 4:50:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  Running it in 3-Gun for almost a year now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#16]
New for 2017: Trijicon AccuPower 1-8x28mm LED
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Some one asked in the comments section of the video if the reticle was daylight bright and  the answer was questionable. He noted that it was not as bright as a ACOG/Fiber optic.

If its not daylight bright, you failed Trijicon.... for that price point, know reason not too... And that's a heavy pig to put on a AR 5.56mm.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 2:50:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks a lot like the AccuPower and VCOG segmented circle reticle.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 2:55:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Daylight bright?  C'mon guys...
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 2:56:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Looks a lot like the AccuPower and VCOG segmented circle reticle.
View Quote

I think the reticle mirrors the 1-4x
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 3:45:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Some one asked in the comments section of the video if the reticle was daylight bright and  the answer was questionable. He noted that it was not as bright as a ACOG/Fiber optic.

If its not daylight bright, you failed Trijicon.... for that price point, know reason not too... And that's a heavy pig to put on a AR 5.56mm.
View Quote

I don't see why it wouldn't be. TA02s and VCOGs are daylight bright. Wouldn't it use the same tech?
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 3:48:50 PM EDT
[#22]
VCOG not exactly daylight bright. It's okay but not super bright.
Just from that video, it looks to be the same level of illum in the 1-8x. Just my initial impressions.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 6:11:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I don't see why it wouldn't be. TA02s and VCOGs are daylight bright. Wouldn't it use the same tech?
View Quote

VCOG is really marginal.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:49:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Need pics through the reticle to determine
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 5:37:23 PM EDT
[#25]
My green VCOG is bright as long as it's not a cloudless day early afternoon. But if i'm in the woods it's bright, if there are some clouds it's bright, but the 1-8 looks like it's close to VCOG. I would like to see some more but in all honesty I'll probably still get one in the future. On 1x my vcog is still usuable even without brightness turned on since it is still a thicker reticle.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 10:53:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Well I really enjoyed the video review. I also like that you can make out the reticle at 1x. I'm not as concerned about the daylight bright as others, but the weight is still killing me. 25 oz...  Just so heavy compared to a 3-9x/2.5-10x.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 11:26:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Well I really enjoyed the video review. I also like that you can make out the reticle at 1x. I'm not as concerned about the daylight bright as others, but the weight is still killing me. 25 oz...  Just so heavy compared to a 3-9x/2.5-10x.
View Quote

Heavy yes but I think of it as a a red dot and a magnified Optic so when you consider its 2 optics in one the weight makes sense to me.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 12:18:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's part of the cost of getting that 1-8x value.  So versatile
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:57:10 AM EDT
[#29]
I think the best scope for buck this year will be the Viper PST 1-6x24 ... Looks exactly like the razor gen 2 1-6x24 except black and at under $700 it'll be hard to beat.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 4:02:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 10:31:51 AM EDT
[#31]

Daylight bright huh
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 6:37:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Anyone got any thoughts on how it would do on a scar?
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 6:44:48 PM EDT
[#33]
I was holding out until after shot to figure out a scope to put on my 17. I was hoping vortex was going to make 1-8 but this trijicon may be my choice. Back to the drawing boards for another 2 months.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 8:41:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Anyone got any thoughts on how it would do on a scar?
View Quote

I think it's the ideal battle rifle optic, I would make sure you got a solid mount like LaRue or ADM makes mounts specifically for SCAR's and AR10's
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 8:55:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
When I look at pricing on their other models, I'm expecting about a $1400 price tag
View Quote

From Trijicon? This is intended for military sales. $2400 - $2800 MSRP easy. Street maybe $300 less than that.

Look at what their 6x ACOG costs, and that is without moving parts, FFP, etc.

ETA - Just saw not made in US - fair enough, might be closer to $1400.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 9:52:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

From Trijicon? This is intended for military sales. $2400 - $2800 MSRP easy. Street maybe $300 less than that.

Look at what their 6x ACOG costs, and that is without moving parts, FFP, etc.

ETA - Just saw not made in US - fair enough, might be closer to $1400.
View Quote

So this is not made in the US?

The MSRP is on trijicons website already
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 10:41:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

So this is not made in the US?

The MSRP is on trijicons website already
View Quote

Japan
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 11:19:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Daylight bright huh
View All Quotes

This makes or breaks it.

This could own the segment, or be a blip on the radar.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:31:35 AM EDT
[#39]
I've seen two people claim it's daylight bright so far.

For me it's either this or the new EOTech 1-6x.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:24:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I've seen two people claim it's daylight bright so far.

For me it's either this or the new EOTech 1-6x.
View Quote

If it is, it'll be my new 3-Gun optic for Heavy Division.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:42:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I don't think it's bs. People are tired of getting bent over. We saw it with the PA ADS. Is it 100% as a T1?  No. but it pretty close at about 1/3rd or1/4th the cost.

With the tech we have today there is only one reason there isn't $700 daylight bright scopes with any number of reticles.....money. People will gripe but pay.

People need to stop paying and demand more. There is no reason for it. Just like $100 charging handles.  It's absolute absurdity. (No I'm not comparing the complexity of a CH to a scope)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A well engineered design, good QA/QC, and quality tested components manufactured to exact standards in western nations (or at minimum, not a third world/commie nation) costs money.

Sorry that you don't want to spend the money, but you're not being "bent over the barrel."  Quality costs money, and when your life may depend on something, you want that something to be pretty much guaranteed to work.  You may think a cheaper option from someone like PA may be the same thing, but I've seen enough "my PA RDS won't turn on anymore" threads to know that they're failure rate is higher than something like an Aimpoint.

ETA:  Just to clarify, we can debate whether most end users really need that level of reliability.  I mean, can most users accept a 4-5% failure rate as compared to a 0.1% failure rate (those numbers are made up), especially when the cheaper option is backed by a phenomenal warranty?  IMO, yes, most would have no issue with the cheaper option, hence why things like the cheap PA 1-8x exist.  Sure, it's glass quality isn't the best, I'm sure it's Illumination is so-so, and I'd guarantee it's nowhere near the quality/durability of a Leupy Mk8 (or this new Trijicon), but that probably doesn't matter to most hobbyists.  If you really need more evidence that you're not being "bent over the barrel", PA should be it.  They've built their business around offering decent affordable optics and they still have a $1,000+ 1-8x LPV.  If anybody would be the one to stop "bending people over" they would be it, yet they still have an expensive LPV.  That money pays for things and it's not just going into some corporations pockets.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:44:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can't speak to the TA02, but the VCOG is definitely not "daytime" bright.  Whether that matters in actual usage (I didn't really think so, the reticle was big and bold enough to pick up without it) is a matter of personal opinion.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:46:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's on par with a Razor 1-6x.  I personally think that's too heavy, but plenty of people don't seem to mind.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:30:54 PM EDT
[#44]
If its daylight bright, I might get one if I can find a great deal.

If not? Then its way over priced.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:00:55 PM EDT
[#45]
When can we expect to see these available?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:28:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
When can we expect to see these available?
View Quote

Already available on the Trijicon website.  I'd wait until other vendors are selling though
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:10:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It's on par with a Razor 1-6x.  I personally think that's too heavy, but plenty of people don't seem to mind.
View Quote

Exactly right, and I also always thought the Razor was too heavy, for me. Since this at least gets to 8x I may take the weight penalty for the SCAR. It's 6 oz heaver than my NF 2.5-10x though, and not sure if the trade off is worth it or not.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:24:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Exactly right, and I also always thought the Razor was too heavy, for me. Since this at least gets to 8x I may take the weight penalty for the SCAR. It's 6 oz heaver than my NF 2.5-10x though, and not sure if the trade off is worth it or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd wait to see how this thing performs on 1x.  If it's not so good, you may be better off sticking with the NF and getting something like an offset AP Micro.  Both will probably end up being very similar weight wise.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#49]
I had some hand-on with this new 1-8x.
About the daylight visible illumination, I was told by the Trijicon rep that has it but I was unable to check it out since it was during the night shoot. On the SHOT floor, a different Trijicon rep completely freak out when I inquired detail about it and she wouldn't say anything. How strange.....
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 9:52:06 PM EDT
[#50]
I just asked Steve Fisher of Sentinel Concepts about it. He said through his limited use so far (between the hours of 2-5pm) it does seem brighter than previous AccuPowers, but he'd need more time on it to say for sure.
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top